Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions January Car Auctions in the Phoenix Area

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone starting thinking/considering the January auctions in the Phoenix area? Obviously, I am referring to Barrett-Jackson, RM, Russo/Steele and Silver Auctions.

Silver Auctions specialize in entry and intermediate level show cars with a few #1 cars scatttered about for good measure. The cars that they bring over the auction block average from 8K to 30K, plus the usual 8% buyers premium.

I am guessing that the Barrett-Jackson auctions will get 40+ hours of airtime this year.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

The additional markup above MSRP is at the dealers’ discretion. We sell our Z06 Corvettes for sticker, and not mark them up. Personally, I think marking up a car that’s already $75k is ridiculous dontknow.gif

Another factor (at least for GM) is you get first dibs on new models by the amount of inventory you move a year. The big dealers will have the cars before your mom & pop dealers. Then, because there the only place with one around, they think they can corner the market and make some extra jing on the deal.

GTO Man

I see Barrett-Jackson reduced the number of cars by at least 20%. Good idea, that way there is more time for each car in front of the bidders. Last year it seemed there were rushing many through.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.