Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Movies where cars are central

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I’ll throw out the names of some movies where cars are important to the storyline.

Two-Lane Blacktop – ’55 Chevy vs 70 GTO Judge – Commentary on society during that time.

Vanishing Point – ’70 Dodge Challenger

Bullitt – Charger vs Mustang

Gone in 60 Seconds –

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    A recent movie was The Fast and the Furious. That had some great chase scenes in it and some nice scenery. An older movie which was interesting was The Car.

Of course there were the Smoky and the Bandit movies also.

I haven’t seen either of those yet, they sound cool though!

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about American Grafitti, and The Hollywood Knights? And anybody remember Used Cars?… no special cars, but over 200 of them!

GTO Man

Another one on recently is Joyride.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MAD MAX with the “Interceptor” thumbsup.gif sunny.gif
    That was an “ace” car, when the first Mad Max came out in France, I was 12, there was (still ? I don’t know) a car magazine called Nitro and I took all the pictures about the film to put on my school books !! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    A recent movie was The Fast and the Furious. That had some great chase scenes in it and some nice scenery. An older movie which was interesting was The Car.

The Fast & The Furious and it’s sequal, 2 Fast 2 Furious, are both comical at best. It really makes the new import car scene look dumb and the sad thing is that you have young teenagers and adults in their early 20’s emulating the stupidity. It make’s me very sad for my age demographic, their failure to see Hollywood for what it is, entertainment and instead are taking it as gospel.

One of the best car chases I have seen in the modern movie era has been both in Bad Boys I & II as well as Ronin. I would recommend those for your dose of car chases and all around action.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

The Fast & The Furious and it’s sequal, 2 Fast 2 Furious, are both comical at best. It really makes the new import car scene look dumb and the sad thing is that you have young teenagers and adults in their early 20’s emulating the stupidity. It make’s me very sad for my age demographic, their failure to see Hollywood for what it is, entertainment and instead are taking it as gospel.

One of the best car chases I have seen in the modern movie era has been both in Bad Boys I & II as well as Ronin. I would recommend those for your dose of car chases and all around action.

I really like the car chase scenes in Bullitt. Very well done! Also The Italian Job was pretty good too! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t seen The Italian Job. I need to add that on my to do list. icon_cheesygrin.gif Steve McQueen wanted his chase scenes to be as authentic as possible. In order to accomplish this he made sure the chase scene was filmed in real time at actual fast speeds.

Oh I’ve been meaning to show you this:

http://www.ponysite.de/index2.htm

It’s a tribute to McQueen and the Bullitt Mustang, a very interesting read.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought of a few more (since I couldn’t get to sleep last night because of this stupid thread) Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif :
    Days of Thunder; Herbie the Love Bug; Thunder Road; It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad World; The Great Race; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I thought of a few more (since I couldn’t get to sleep last night because of this stupid thread) Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif :
    Days of Thunder; Herbie the Love Bug; Thunder Road; It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad World; The Great Race; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif its great to hear of your dedication to our site, thanks!!! wave.gif thumbsup.gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

GTO Man

That is a great site, alot of interesting information. Steve McQueens mystique grows every year. If I remember right he was in The Getaway also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, he was in the original one, with Ali McGraw.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    That is a great site, alot of interesting information. Steve McQueens mystique grows every year. If I remember right he was in The Getaway also.

Yeah that is a great site, definitely bookmarked!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

I just picked up the DVD for The California Kid at the swap meet this past weekend.

Some other titles are Days of Thunder, Death Race 2000 and Gator.

hpdog259962
    Participant

There’s TAXI.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thelma and Louise, wit a wonderful convertible T-Bird sunny.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.