Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Scottsdale Barrett Jackson ….

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Well it looks like Tuesday the live broadcasts from Barrett Jackson will start.

They will be broadcasting on 5 different channels (not at the same time):

FOX Sports 1
    FOX Sports 2
    FOX Business
    FOX Broadcast
    National Geographic Channel

Here is a link to the schedule and channels they are on: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale/schedule/sd14.asp

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That seems kind of ridiculous. I wish The Speed Channel were still around. But it is now owned by Fox unfortunately.

moparkid25
    Participant

I get none of those channels, but I can’t justify having a dish for only a few programs I would watch.

circletrack
    Participant

Seriously? I can see viewership going way down this year, that’s a bit much to ask let alone not many people get those channels. With all the millions that family makes off these auctions, one would think they could’ve worked something out.

Amigo2k

dish channels:
    FOX Sports 1: 150
    FOX Sports 2: 397
    FOX Business: 206
    FOX Broadcast: ???
    National Geographic Channel: 186

it took me 20 minutes to find the channels and then program my DVR … it will take me 2 minutes to do this for the Mecum auction…

sd14-tv-schedule3.jpg

moparkid25
    Participant

What does Nat Geo have to do with the automobile? I’ve never once seen any car-related article in the magazine.

Seems like more money ball being played if you ask me. They should stick to one channel.

GTO Man

The channels may be on different packages. So they may get some people to upgrade to a more expensive package. Same old thing, gouge the consumer.

Amigo2k

So Saturday afternoon it will be on Fox 47 ….

moparkid25
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    So Saturday afternoon it will be on Fox 47 ….

If that’s the case, I’ll be able to watch two hours of it #rabbitearsantenna

GTO Man

I had to upgrade a package to get Fox Sports 2. Bigger is not better when it comes to networks.

circletrack
    Participant

Tuesday night cars are usually the more affordable ones – not seeing that tonight!

GTO Man

The days of the real steals at auctions like this may be over. Even the late 70’s Trans Ams were around 30k. With the exposure on Fox Business their target audience is changing. Of course that can be good for anyone who owns cars because it may tend to push up prices. Typical in this country though is big money tends to end up spoiling things for most buyers, whether it is something like collector cars or sports tickets.

GTO Man

Last night late 70’s Trans Am’s were $40 to $50k. Prices across the board seem very strong. I think there are substantially more buyers this year.

Amigo2k

Here was a good deal a replica 1930 gas tanker trailer:

$1650

161499_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=558.1&aid=525

moparkid25
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    Last night late 70’s Trans Am’s were $40 to $50k. Prices across the board seem very strong. I think there are substantially more buyers this year.

That’s a ridiculous amount of money for those cars. I wouldn’t ever pay kind of money for a late 70s trans am, not even if Burt Reynolds farted in it while holding Jerry Reeds ashes!

circletrack
    Participant

Way too many commercials and Corvettes.

Seems like lots of buyers with fair prices on some and crazy prices on others. The charity cars drive me nuts, I know it’s about getting as much as you can, but get on with it… the same people buy them and chances are donate them right back, tax deduction

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.