Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Show off your classic for Automotive Day

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

We received an email today from an automotive instructor at MATC. He is organizing an Automotive Career Day to highlight the work done in the auto industry and encourage interest in that field. Here’s the rest of his message:

Quote:
    My name is John Palacios, I am an automotive instructor at MATC and I am organizing an Automotive Career day for area High Schools. I was just curious if you or someone you know might be interested in showing a few classic autos? Last year we had a nice Chevelle, Camaro and GTO. We also get a couple of new cars from Dealers. We are trying to bolster interest in the automotive repair industry and showcase our program. With the aid of classic restored vehicles and show cars, we are able to have the “curb” appeal to draw youngsters into checking out what is available to them in their own backyard.

If anyone is interested or has questions for him, you can post them here or send me a PM. Thanks! icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When is Automotive Career Day? Is it in the Spring or early Summer? I am assuming that it will be held at MATC?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I will get more details and let you know!

circletrack
    Participant

Last year it was held in early spring, real early spring. I don’t think most of us had our cars out of storage at that time. Steve took the Camaro he had at the time as they did some work on it. It’s a great idea!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I heard back from John today:

Quote:
    The Career Day is slated for April 25th. I realize that weather could still present some potential no-shows, but depending on the number of vehicles we have, we should be able to put them indoors. We would do this later, but schools are out for summer and are having finals during the following weeks.
    The event will be at the Truax Campus here in Madison.

This would be right before Spring Jefferson.

Also on a side note, he mentioned having a car show at MATC Truax if there were interest this summer, does anyone here have thoughts on that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Allowing for the weather to cooperate, count me in! I would love to be apart of this.

My son is a student at MATC.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, last year is was April 10 and it was COLD outside… I’d be interested if it’s indoors also.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Excellent, I will let him know that you’re interested and I’ll see what other details he can forward.

jonmandude
    Participant

Count me in. my Maxima will be back from paint and I should have my new rims by then as well.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

depending on the weather, Im game.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Excellent, glad to hear it! John emailed me again this morning and he would like to know if you could make it the 23rd instead of the 25th? He has to change it because of another feature that day

circletrack
    Participant

Works for me! icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

I would be interested in taking a drive out also.

Amigo2k

Cool. A couple of tuners and some classic resto’s. Now they need a resto-mod car to check out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can do April 23d (Wednesday). I hope that the weather gods will cooperate and smile down upon us.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I received a response from John at MATC:

Quote:
    The April 23rd career day is still going through as planned and I am looking forward to those of your members who are able to attend to be here! Is there any way to find out exactly how many of your members will be here? Also, if I could get any information in advance in regards to the vehicle and owner, I would like to print some certificates of appreciation from the auto dept.

So far, I have the following people listed as coming, if you’re not on this list (or can’t attend) please post in this topic:
    – MMRJR
    – Circletrack
    – Jonmandude
    – Amigo2k
    – Eclipse Tuner
    – GTO Man

If you’re coming, could you post the info for the car(s) that you’ll be bringing, you can just use the dropdown like you do for Rate The Car Show:
    autocareerji1.jpg

Also, here’s a copy of the flyer that they’ve sent out:
    Automotive Career Fair 2008

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.