Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Show off your classic for Automotive Day

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

We received an email today from an automotive instructor at MATC. He is organizing an Automotive Career Day to highlight the work done in the auto industry and encourage interest in that field. Here’s the rest of his message:

Quote:
    My name is John Palacios, I am an automotive instructor at MATC and I am organizing an Automotive Career day for area High Schools. I was just curious if you or someone you know might be interested in showing a few classic autos? Last year we had a nice Chevelle, Camaro and GTO. We also get a couple of new cars from Dealers. We are trying to bolster interest in the automotive repair industry and showcase our program. With the aid of classic restored vehicles and show cars, we are able to have the “curb” appeal to draw youngsters into checking out what is available to them in their own backyard.

If anyone is interested or has questions for him, you can post them here or send me a PM. Thanks! icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Make: Ford
    Model: Mustang
    Year: 1965
    Engine: 289, V8, A Code, Autolite 4100
    Transmission: 3 Speed Manual
    Style (hardtop/convertible): Fastback 2+2
    Outstanding Features: Rare factory color – Twilight Turquoise
    In 1965, a total of 77,079 Mustang Fastbacks were produced. Only 3.6% were factory painted Twilight Turquoise. That translates to only 2,275 cars, making this color very, very rare.

jonmandude
    Participant

Make: Nissan
    Model: Maxima SE
    Year: 1990
    Engine: 3.0 liter, V-6, Japan Imported
    Transmission: 4 speed automatic
    Style (Hardtop/Convertible): “4 Door Sports Car”
    Outstanding Features: 1995 Nissan Skyline R33 taillight conversion, BMW E36 (3 series) headlight conversion, One of less than 20 carbon fiber hoods for 3rd generation Maxima (1989-1994).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Garibaldi,

As we get closer to this date, could you get info from John on where he would like to have our cars at, and what time he would like to have us arrive at MATC? I am pretty familiar with campus, but I am hoping that there will a place set aside for parking our cars and the other participants cars. The student parking areas are pretty congested most of the time.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sure, here’s his response:

Quote:
    As far as time is concerned, I suppose that would really be up to how much time they could dedicate. We will be running the event from about 8:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. The main bulk of students I expect will be around lunch time. So any time within that time frame would be great! If they wish to arrive early, that would be fine too, I will begin setting up around 7:00 that day.

He also sent me a document with directions.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I am soooo bummed. I have to travel to Atlanta for work that week, so unfortunatly I wont be able to go :(

sorry guys

GTO Man

Make: Pontiac
    Model: GTO
    Year: 1968
    Engine: 400
    Transmission:4 speed
    Style (hardtop/convertible): convertible
    Outstanding Features: great driving car, fast

Amigo2k

Make: Volkswagen
    Model: Beetle
    Year: 1958
    Engine: 1500CC
    Transmission:4 speed
    Style (hardtop/convertible): Hardtop coupe
    Outstanding Features: Factory Top (option 1950-1963); Cal-Look

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks guys, I sent all your info

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.