Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Stopped by Blue Chip Street Rods this afternoon……….

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

And, I am still impressed and satisfied with the quality of their work…………

I got to sit down with Dave Larson and his staff during the lunch hour, and while they were eating, I had a chance to ask a 1000 dumb questions and pick their brains, collectively. I am happy and satisfied with what I saw and with what I heard.

I was hoping to get the Mustang FB in a week or two earlier than scheduled, but that will not happen. Based on their advertisements and open house, they are much busier than ever. The FB goes in the first week of May, and should be finished in one week. Typically, cars come in on Saturday, and the work is finished in one week, and the car is ready for pick up the next Saturday, or sooner.

This is for Circletrack – Blue Chip does not yet have their own paint booth, but they do lease/rent several paint booths from local body shops, and they do their own paint work. The business will be expanding (doubling) this summer, and the expansion will include their own paint booth.

I will keep the forum posted on my experiences at Blue Chip during the coming weeks.

Marshall

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

The addition of racing fuel ups the performance. In the Madison area there are at least 4 places to buy racing fuel.
    In Madison – Moore’s at corner of Glenway & Mineral Point rd
    Verona – Zurbuchen oil
    Waunakee – Amoco station down from hughway 19
    Deforest – haven’t bought any there but there is a station

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Moore’s will pump it directly into the tank

Anonymous
    Inactive

As an update, Sincere Thanks to Blue Chip for the excellent work.

I am totally and completely satisfied with the work that I had done. The insulation, headliner, and windlace were done and done well. The current shop labor rate is $59 an hour, and my interior work was done in four hours.

The new windshield makes a great deal of difference. Klein-Dickert did a good job with the glass and not only removed/installed glass, but provided the weatherstriping and sealant/caulk, for a completely leak proof install.

Marshall

GTO Man

Marshall

Glad to hear everything worked out well. I think I will stop and get an estimate on a couple of things I want to get done.

Nick

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think that you will be disappointed with the quality of their work. The son, Kerry, was telling me that 10 of the vehicle currently in their shop, will be out and a part of Automotion 2006, next weekend. So, it would appear that there are others like me who are willing to take a risk with Blue Chip. Personally, I will be going back in the fall for a major project, such as a new wiring harness bumper to bumper or possibly the installation of a 4 speed to replace the 3 speed. At any rate, I am well pleased with their work. thumbsup.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it Marshall!! It sounds like they did a nice job, I look forward to seeing your car at the upcoming shows!!

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.