Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Thursday, March 19th, ….

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw my first collector car on the road for 2008. I was on old University during the noon hour, and spotted a beautiful vintage VW bug, fully restored, nice tan color, with a like new original interior, with blue Wisconsin collector car plates. This is the first collector car I have seen on the road this year.
    Has anyone spotted other collector or muscle cars on the road, this early in the year?
    Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Haven’t seen any yet, am looking forward to seeing and driving some. Today was a nice day, cool but warm compared to what we have been having.

Amigo2k

I’m hoping I see something this week (I’m in Phoenix right now).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amigo2K

stay in Phoenix as long as you can. We are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of new snow (or more depending on who you listen to) Thursday night into Friday. I will take your local weather any time.

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant

I saw a 57 T-bird today

Amigo2k

I saw a 1971 Beetle tonight.

Temps here are great. Gets down to 50 at night and bout 82 during the day.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Amigo2K

stay in Phoenix as long as you can. We are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of new snow (or more depending on who you listen to) Thursday night into Friday. I will take your local weather any time.

Marshall

Oh no! I sincerely hope that their forecasts are wrong! I haven’t seen any classics yet, I hope to soon!!

moparkid25
    Participant

There was a Rambler parked on Main St. in Mount Horeb at lunchtime yesterday.

circletrack
    Participant

I’ve seen a few here and there also, mainly in the Park Street area, but I think those get driven year around! w00t.gif

GTO Man

You might see a vintage snowmobile out today. Has anyone been in the area where they are making that movie? I believe it is Darlington and there are many vintage cars around there.

RivFan
    Participant

I saw Frank & Jessie Schlumpf’s (Blanchardville car show organizers) new ’79 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz parked on Main St. in Mt. Horeb about a week ago… Sweet Ride!!

79_cadillac_eldorado_500.jpg

jonmandude
    Participant

I have started seeing more collector cars out. Yesterday I spotted a 440 ‘Cuda, an AMX, and a T-bucket.

GTO Man

Saw a nice mid 60’s Corvette today. I hope to be on the road tomorrow.

Amigo2k

I spotted a 48-52 2 door dodge rolling shell on a flat bed rolling down the beltline.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m keeping my eyes peeled but so far I haven’t seen anything yet. I’m very anxious with all this new weather to spot some classics! It adds a whole additional meaning to Spring when you see some old cars driving down the road after a long winter

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I saw my first today, a Falcon on the corner of Mineral Point and Holly Ave

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.