Welcome Forum Car Shows Watertown

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

If you attended the Watertown Car Show what did you think. With the weather the way it was I doubt they had much of a turnout.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I’d be curious too, we were all ready to go when the rains hit. There was no way I was going into that park with the rain, it had to be a muddy mess! :( I look forward to this show every year, the weather is so disappointing!

GTO Man
    Quote:
    I’d be curious too, we were all ready to go when the rains hit. There was no way I was going into that park with the rain, it had to be a muddy mess! :( I look forward to this show every year, the weather is so disappointing!

A couple of days ago they forecasted rain Saturday night, at that point I assumed Sunday would be a washout. The weather forecasters had it right on again. It must be nice to be paid for being wrong most of the time. Fortunately I don’t believe they get paid much.

circletrack
    Participant

Talked to the President of the Road Apples and he said around noon they came around and gave everyone their money back and said the show was cancelled. At the time there were 75-85 cars in the park. What a hit this year! :( The weather has been very unforgiving at times.

GTO Man

Its too bad, all the work that goes into putting on a show, only to have it cancelled. Hopefully next weeks weather will be better.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Terrible, just terrible. I was really looking forward to this show too, I’ve never been to it in previous years but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. Maybe Marshall went.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope, Sorry Guys. I didn’t go either. I was up at 4:30 when the rains started. I went ahead and packed up the Mustang and actually polished the car with my cordless buffer. But by 6AM, then 7AM, when the rains picked up, I gave up and put my show stuff away and went about other things.

I was really looking forward to this show also. I missed it last year, and I have missed it this year, too!

Where are the shows at next week? Belleville, by chance? Is this a judged show or a Show and Shine.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Next weekend we have Trecek on saturday and Botham Winery on Sunday. Both are very good shows and judged, Botham has a formal trophy presentation.

I don’t think Belleville is a judged show

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not familiar with either of these shows. Are they close (within an hours driving time)?

Marshall

P.S. Thanks to GTO Man for the recommendation of Jenks Service Center. I am well on my way to getting the alignment/suspension issues fixed. After a preliminary alignment (awaiting upper ball joints, center link, and other parts), the steering wheel was removed and relocated about a half of a turn! Also, the front tires are about completely chewed up on the insides! I am awairing Bear/Moog replacement/repair parts from California due in at the end of the week.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

Both shows are close and within driving time, we’ll probably go to Trecek for sure.

It sounds like they’re doing a good job of fixing your alignment issues. Had you had your car’s alignment adjusted before?

Does anyone know if they are thinking of rescheduling this show?

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Does anyone know if they are thinking of rescheduling this show?

From what I understand, it’s cancelled until next year. Unfortunately the summer is coming to a close and Riverfest only happens once a year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s too bad that they cannot reschedule, but there are only so many weekends left in the season

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t Forget, Also, that the Belleville show is also scheduled for this coming Saturday from 11AM to 3PM.

I am not sure which direction I will go in. My suspension parts are due in on Friday from California from Moog and Bear. I had thought about going to Belleville on Saturday, but I have been to this show two years in a row and it would be nice to do something new. Is the Trecek Show a judged show and what would you guess in the way of numbers of cars?

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the Belleville Show is Sunday…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We went to Belleville the last two years and in 2004 it was great. Last year however, it was very boring. There weren’t many people there, it seemed like everyone parked their car and then left. No trophies either so there wasn’t anything to wait around for, we ended up leaving because there wasn’t anything to do!

I believe Trecek has trophies, and I would say that they get around 100 cars or so, GTO Man can confirm my estimate

GTO Man
    Quote:
    We went to Belleville the last two years and in 2004 it was great. Last year however, it was very boring. There weren’t many people there, it seemed like everyone parked their car and then left. No trophies either so there wasn’t anything to wait around for, we ended up leaving because there wasn’t anything to do!

I believe Trecek has trophies, and I would say that they get around 100 cars or so, GTO Man can confirm my estimate

Trecek is a participant judged show and have between 100 to 150 nice cars. I believe the entry fee for Trecek are some canned goods which are then donated to a food pantry. It is a nice drive up there. Last year I was not impressed with Belleville. There were not many people there who seemed interested in cars.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.