Welcome Forum Car Shows Watertown

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

If you attended the Watertown Car Show what did you think. With the weather the way it was I doubt they had much of a turnout.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the past, the Belleville show was in conjunction with Bastille Days, a community wide celebration. This years show in Belleville is a part of the Community picnic weekend. Your guess is as good as mine as to community interest and spectator participation in this show. I did see the flyer and it indicates that there will be trophies for this years show (participant judging). I am guessing that this show will be sponsored/run by the local car group, the Sugar River Cruisers.

It looks like this years show may be much improved over last year, although I am wondering about community interest in this show.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gang …

I know that this won’t be of much interest to a lot of you, but there will be a very unique Car Show this weekend. The MicoCar/MiniCar Nationals are being held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Crystal Lake, Illinois, more or less a straight shot south of McHenry. About 500 cars are expected, and most of them will be things you have never seen before, or very rarely see. I am taking the 2CV over there so, if you are there, and you see a red and white Citroen 2CV, be sure to come over and say hello. Please identify youselves with the official password …”John, can I buy you a drink?”

See you this weekend, I hope.

John Washbush

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I like your password! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

It sounds like fun, a very unique experience! How do they do classes at a show like that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, to be honest, I don’t know. Even though I have been a mini and micro car fan for a long time, this will be the first time I have ever been involved in any kind of official event. I know that there is judging … but how and exactly what, I don’t know. However, next Monday, you can expect a full report.

Anyone else on the list have any idea?

John

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m not too confident in this year either. Unfortunately last year just wasn’t much fun, and I think it would be good to do something different this year, like Trecek.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was at Watertown, and I was pretty upset to have it cancelled – as were most of the folks I was sitting with. There were about 75 cars there all willing to show in the rain & they cancelled anyway. It rained much worse at Beaver Dam & the show went on and was a great hit. About 30-45 minutes after Watertown cancelled – the sun came out.

What a waste of a Sunday & an hours drive.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That sounds terrible. Its really too bad that the weather didn’t cooperate, I was looking forward to the show too!

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.