Welcome Forum The Lounge What are you listening to right now?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What are you listening to right now? I’ve got a random shuffle on itunes going, right now its Sad Songs by Elton John.

Viewing 15 replies - 421 through 435 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s pretty close approximation. You’re hearing a 15Khz noise. The ringing I’ve heard since I was a child is around 8Khz, only it gets louder as I get older. If I’m in a room with background noise, I don’t notice anything. But, if I’m in bed trying to sleep, the ringing is quite annoying. Sometimes I listen to ocean waves, rain or bird calls to mask the sound.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea, plus it relaxes you. The noise that I’m hearing, is that normal for a human to hear- I’ve had other people ask me how I know the tv is on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The high pitched sound you are hearing is within the range of “normal” human hearing. (It’s produced by the horizontal oscillator in TV sets.) As humans get older, we often develop hearing problems. Generally speaking, higher frequencies (TREBLE) are the first to go. Additionally, some people simply don’t notice the TV noise because they simply tune it out. (The same way they’d tune out a nagging spouse.)

Tinnitus can be caused by several different things. In my case, it was probably caused by taking too much aspirin as a child. BTW, whenever I attend a concert, I wear special ear plugs to protect my ears from getting worse.

Right now I’m listening to: A Bigger Bang by The Rolling Stones. Great music!!!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The high pitched sound you are hearing is within the range of “normal” human hearing. (It’s produced by the horizontal oscillator in TV sets.) As humans get older, we often develop hearing problems. Generally speaking, higher frequencies (TREBLE) are the first to go. Additionally, some people simply don’t notice the TV noise because they simply tune it out. (The same way they’d tune out a nagging spouse.)

Tinnitus can be caused by several different things. In my case, it was probably caused by taking too much aspirin as a child. BTW, whenever I attend a concert, I wear special ear plugs to protect my ears from getting worse.

Right now I’m listening to: A Bigger Bang by The Rolling Stones. Great music!!!!

I’ve heard of tuning things out before, such as if you have a clock that chimes a lot eventually you won’t hear it. Thanks for the info!

No music right now

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Stairway – Zeppelin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Black Label Society – I Never Dreamed (originally Lynard Skynard)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hello Again – DMB

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bon Jovi CD’s, Taking my 2 kids to a Bon Jovi Concert on Feb 15th. The first concert for each…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Getting Better – Beatles on Sgt Pepper

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pantera – Cowboys From Hell

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Satellite – DMB

circletrack
    Participant

Daytona 500 qualifying ~ no sweeter sound than a race car at this time of year! blob1.gif

GTO Man

What happened to Kenseth’s car?

circletrack
    Participant

Flat tire….

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Satellite – DMB

Viewing 15 replies - 421 through 435 (of 547 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.