Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Where is everyone?

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Wow, it’s so quiet in here!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah it is, everyone has disappeared! Nick and I were gone on vacation up north (Ashland car show pictures to follow soon), so that’s where we were at. I’m not sure where Marshall is, he hasn’t been around much lately. Have any new road apples joined the forum, I’ll have to let them see the Madison Discussions area as well. How have you been Rachael?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello to everyone!!!!!

I am still around, just a whole lot busier than ever.

I worked (parking cars in the early morning, and serving as one of 14 judges the remainder of the day) at the Sun Prairie show on Saturday. There were about 200+ really nice cars, and it was a major learning experience for me. I didn’t realize there were so many really top notch cars in all categories out there.

Did anyone attend the Evansville show today? I didn’t learn of the show until late Saturday, and I needed to stay home today and cut grass and catch up with the rest of the family.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really and truly, the weather has not been real cooperative lately.

I stayed home and kept the Fastback in the garage the past two weekends because of threatening weather. And, this past Saturday at Sun Prairie did not start out well either (again, it looked like threatening weather).

Also, I have been fighting carburetor problems and those are now fixed and I am working on a fresh alignment, and undoubtably I will need to purchase a few new parts. (Note – A restoration is neverending w00t.gif

Also, I still plan to take the Fastback off of the road within a month or so and pull the motor and detail the engine bay (again), and rebuild the motor to concours, year correct, factory specs. I will, in all likelihood, miss the remainder of this years shows, but will come back next year with a better presentation for sure thumbsup.gif

I have already started to buy NOS motor parts and I will continue the search at Iola later this week.

How was the Ashland show????

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Are you going to at least come to the shows in person, if not in vehicle?

The Ashland show was good, thanks for asking. There were about 50 cars or so there, not too big but considering the population up there that’s very good. It was a nice setting, right on the lakefront with music and food, ect. I only stayed for about an hour but it was still a nice experience. I’ll get the photos up soon

GTO Man

It has been quiet in here lately. I will be heading to Iola tomorrow, hopefully with no problems. We will be taking two cars, the GTO and the Cutlass. Its a nice drive up there and there shouldn’t be too much traffic. It is getting to the point where it is no fun to drive these cars in Madison anymore. I used to take them to work once in a while, but haven’t for a year or so. Too many morons on the road. Everybody is in such a big hurry, idiots. Thats why it is nice to attend shows that take a bit of a drive. I am looking forward to Blanchardville this Sunday.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Really and truly, the weather has not been real cooperative lately.

I stayed home and kept the Fastback in the garage the past two weekends because of threatening weather. And, this past Saturday at Sun Prairie did not start out well either (again, it looked like threatening weather).

Also, I have been fighting carburetor problems and those are now fixed and I am working on a fresh alignment, and undoubtably I will need to purchase a few new parts. (Note – A restoration is neverending w00t.gif

Also, I still plan to take the Fastback off of the road within a month or so and pull the motor and detail the engine bay (again), and rebuild the motor to concours, year correct, factory specs. I will, in all likelihood, miss the remainder of this years shows, but will come back next year with a better presentation for sure thumbsup.gif

I have already started to buy NOS motor parts and I will continue the search at Iola later this week.

How was the Ashland show????

Marshall

Marshall

That sounds like a big job. Will you pull the motor yourself? It would be fun to try and locate the parts you need.

GTO Man

Circletrack, how have the cruise-in’s been going? I haven’t been able to make it too any more since the Road Apple’s criuse-in.

circletrack
    Participant

Well, we’ve battled the weather more than anything this year! :( Last night wasn’t too bad given it was July 4 and all. I’m really hoping the weather cooperates and we can have some nice nights!

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    It has been quiet in here lately. I will be heading to Iola tomorrow, hopefully with no problems. We will be taking two cars, the GTO and the Cutlass. Its a nice drive up there and there shouldn’t be too much traffic. It is getting to the point where it is no fun to drive these cars in Madison anymore. I used to take them to work once in a while, but haven’t for a year or so. Too many morons on the road. Everybody is in such a big hurry, idiots. Thats why it is nice to attend shows that take a bit of a drive. I am looking forward to Blanchardville this Sunday.

I hear you on that one! I’ve wanted to drive the Chevelle to work a few times but get so nervous in the morning just driving my Mustang I’d be a wreck by the time I got to work. Everyone is in a such a rush, the Beltline is a nightmare most days.

What time are you going to leave for Blanchardville? We’re planning on leaving around 8 from the Red Robin off Monona Drive.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

I hear you on that one! I’ve wanted to drive the Chevelle to work a few times but get so nervous in the morning just driving my Mustang I’d be a wreck by the time I got to work. Everyone is in a such a rush, the Beltline is a nightmare most days.

What time are you going to leave for Blanchardville? We’re planning on leaving around 8 from the Red Robin off Monona Drive.

I’d imagine we’ll leave around 8 as well, stop off for breakfast somewhere before the show. It should be a great show, did you go last year?

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, we went last year and parked as a club. This year we’ll be parking within our class as the last two years they’ve put clubs together, which is nice, but it’s also in the cornfield out back. Not fun! See you there!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Count me in, too. I am pre registered for the Blanchardville show. I will be leaving a little earlier and driving slower icon_cheesygrin.gif

See ya there!

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Great, I’m glad to hear it! Hopefully we can get together and talk for a bit at the show. I was just thinking, we should have a topic about places to eat along the way to car shows, it would be a nice thing to know so here’s a topic on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am an early riser, and I like to be on the road bright and early. I typically don’t eat before a show, but I do have a regular routine. I like to stop at my favorite Mobil station and gas up the car and add either an Octane boost or Lead Additive to the gas. I always get a large cappiccino (spelling?) to sip on which will usually get me to any show within an hour of Madison.

I hope to see everyone at Blanchardville on Sunday.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

Maybe we could drive together sometime, depending on the times and stuff. Plus if you don’t want to eat before the show you could get a refill on your cappiccino at the restraurant! icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.