Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Gas Price Roll Call

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the going rate for gas in your part of the world? Currently this is what I am seeing in the Houston area.

87 octane – $2.09/gallon
    91 octane – $2.15/gallon
    93 octane – $2.22/gallon

I filled up last Thursday and it cost me $29.00 to fill up the tank in the Mustang, which is the highest I have ever paid. The way my motor has been tuned I have no choice but to use 93 octane. When I filled up that day there was a Hummer H2 behind me and I can tell from the owner’s face he was dreading the final tally. He filled up on 87 octane and when everything was said and done he had to fork over $50.00.

The sad thing was that he will probably have to fill up again in a couple of days.

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow!

Thats a pretty steep overnight price increase!

Normally, the price only jumps five cents or so overnight.

Amigo2k

That is a little over a 4% increase over night.

I wonder if they can do that to my salary too….

GTO Man

I don’t think many businesses in this country believe in increasing the salaries of their employees. They must think people work for the love of it. I know that is what the company I work for must think.

As for the price of gas some moron said the price of a barrel should be $200 so that seems to be where it is headed.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    That is a little over a 4% increase over night.

I wonder if they can do that to my salary too….

Let me know too if you figure out how :haha:

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I don’t think many businesses in this country believe in increasing the salaries of their employees. They must think people work for the love of it. I know that is what the company I work for must think.

As for the price of gas some moron said the price of a barrel should be $200 so that seems to be where it is headed.

The problem is all these “analysts” that predict prices. If they say $100 a barrell, there it goes. When they say $4 a gallon, there it goes.

A firing squad is in order for these a**holes.

GTO Man

Regular – 3.79
    Mid-grade – 3.89
    Premium – 3.99

Racing – 6.75

circletrack
    Participant

Up, up, up! They won’t be happy until it’s $4, afterall there is a holiday coming and we will all be doing SO much more driving ~ that’s nuts…. Sooner or later there will be people out of work all over the place because one won’t be able to afford gas working for minimum wage. I would hope the country would wake up before that happens.

We’ve talked about our summer plans and don’t plan to be hostages in our own homes, but it gets tough when it’s costing big dollars just to get to work let alone drive my “fun weekend” car… :(

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

As a suggestion from GTO Man, we’ve created a new section of the forum dedicated to discussing how to improve gas mileage and talk about alternative fuels. Check it out and tell us your tricks/tips:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=80

moparkid25
    Participant

I fueled up my truck today, 3/4 tank was $55.

At least I won’t have to buy any next week since I’ll drive the Camaro to the Dells.

GTO Man

Regular – 3.93 to 4.03
    Mid – Grade – 4.03 to 4.13
    Premium – 4.13 to 4.23
    Diesel – 4.43

This is past the point of being ridiculous. There has to be controls put on the speculation where every little rumor causes the price to rise. This country will have trouble surviving this price rise along with everything else. Especially when salaries have not been keeping pace over the last number of years. This country evolved on cheap oil and gas and is not equipped to take changes like this so fast.

GTO Man

Regular – 3.99
    Mid – 4.09
    Prem – 4.19

Racing – Over $7.00 I believe. Time to wean cars off of it.

moparkid25
    Participant

But the oil price is down to $134 a barrel drool.gif

These “analysts” and “speculators” deserve a firing squad, they are the ones pushing the prices up.

GTO Man

I agree, the price of a commodity as important as oil should not be prone to rumors and speculation.

GTO Man

Is everybody happy?

Regular – 3.65
    Mid-Grade – 3.75
    Premium – 3.85

Racing – 7.00

GTO Man

Regular – 3.15
    Mid-grade – 3.25
    Premium – 3.39

I hope people don’t slip back into old habits because the price has receded a bit. It would be nice to keep reducing demand and squeeze the oil companies and their disgusting executives as much as possible. And be able to tell OPEC where they can shove their oil.

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.