Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Gas Price Roll Call

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the going rate for gas in your part of the world? Currently this is what I am seeing in the Houston area.

87 octane – $2.09/gallon
    91 octane – $2.15/gallon
    93 octane – $2.22/gallon

I filled up last Thursday and it cost me $29.00 to fill up the tank in the Mustang, which is the highest I have ever paid. The way my motor has been tuned I have no choice but to use 93 octane. When I filled up that day there was a Hummer H2 behind me and I can tell from the owner’s face he was dreading the final tally. He filled up on 87 octane and when everything was said and done he had to fork over $50.00.

The sad thing was that he will probably have to fill up again in a couple of days.

Viewing 15 replies - 256 through 270 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

I just got gas for 2.88. I used my Piggly Wiggly points to do it. Saved 20 cents per gallon.

circletrack
    Participant

Shop the pig!! :)

I let my Copps card build up also, great benefit!

GTO Man

Yes, that Copps/PicnSave card is great. I see they did cut it in half from 10 to 5 cents for every so many dollars spent. I believe BP has a 5% rebate when using their credit card also.

moparkid25
    Participant

I was in Chicago Friday and Saturday, regular was anywhere from $3.39 to $3.50 a gal.

Got back to WI and fuel in Edgerton was $3.09/gal.

GTO Man

Regular – 3.31
    Mid-grade – 3.41
    Premium – 3.51

Haven’t checked on racing fuel lately.

When gas spiked to around $4 per gallon a year or two ago I cut out unnecessary trips. And I haven’t gotten out of that habit even when gas went down in price. How about everybody else?

lordairgtar
    Participant

One of the reasons I bought the HHR Panel instead of some huge SUV is this very reason. I like over 30mpg. Don’t know what the next choice will be cuz they don’t make the HHR anymore.

GTO Man

That is good mileage and a nice looking vehicle. Have you been happy with it as far as repairs, etc?

moparkid25
    Participant

In reality, the HHR is a pretty versatile vehicle.

I bought gas on my way home from work tonight, $3.35 a gal. Put $45 bucks in my Silverado and it got me just a hair over 3/4 on the gauge.

The bad thing is I had just a hair under 1/4 when I pulled up to the pump :(

I plan to drive my hot rod a lot this summer is fuel doesn’t level out. I love my truck, and I only have to drive 12 miles to work one way, but I enjoy getting out in the summer, too. I eat out less, don’t make unnecesary trips if I don’t have to, and watch my spending. I’ve been doing this since the $4 peak also. Hopefully there will be some peace in the East, and that can help decline current fuel prices. If not, I say drill here. Just the mention of it last time lowered fuel prices!!

GTO Man

I never wanted to live close to where I work, since the sight of the place regularly would probably make me ill, but it certainly would save allot.

I filled up today with about 1/4 tank to start and it was $55. Price was the same as the last post with prices.

lordairgtar
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    That is good mileage and a nice looking vehicle. Have you been happy with it as far as repairs, etc?

The 2010 HHR has given me no trouble, and this is the second one I’ve owned. The 2007 HHR panel had a rotor problem because of the Chinese sourced brake parts but I found a Canadian made replacement at NAPA and the problem never came back. They have been very reliable over all with scheduled maintenance being the only costs over gas.

GTO Man

Regular – 3.51
    Mid-grade – 3.61
    Premium – 3.71

March 19, 2011

Seems everything is shooting through the roof, have you been to the grocery store lately.

circletrack
    Participant

Got it for $3.43 over the weekend, still way too much! I’m not letting the tank go below 1/2 if I can! :angry:

GTO Man

Price for premium over $4/gallon in many locations.

Regular – 3.72
    Mid grade – 3.82
    Premium – 4.04

Racing – at least $7/gallon

Anonymous
    Inactive

$4.50 by summer.

GTO Man

I agree, with gas as high as it is now it will continue to rise. I don’t see anything happening that will push it down.

Viewing 15 replies - 256 through 270 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.