Welcome Forum The Lounge Help populate the Wiscollectorcar forum!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Any ideas on how to help bring more users to the forum??? its always great to see a new face! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Garibaldi
    There was one other thought icon_eek.gif Do you have an E-mail notice that when you have a reply to a post it will let you know that some one is responding ? It would keep folks returning more often and spawn new topics . Just thinking out loud. w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhh Well hmmm I guess you do icon_sad.gif But it only works when your smart enough to turn it on . Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

How’s it going Steve? I forgot that this IS brand new. Were doing pretty good.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Ahhh Well hmmm I guess you do icon_sad.gif But it only works when your smart enough to turn it on . Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

Yep, sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. It is in your profile option. I actually can enable it for any user, maybe I’ll check that now. That is a good point, and plus it makes it easy to know when you have a response.

Quote:
    How’s it going Steve? I forgot that this IS brand new. Were doing pretty good.

Yep I think we are too, and hopefully just keep growing and growing. Coming up on our one month anniversary pretty soon here too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys

Gee 32 members and over 800 post for a month thats not bad at all.

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Guys

Gee 32 members and over 800 post for a month thats not bad at all.

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Yeah not too bad, but then consider Capmaster’s posts at VH:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=101970
    Yeah its not bad at all, just working to always make it better and better. I checked out what you suggested and the following users do not have “Notify Me Of Replies” enabled:
    Bugsie
    Cap
    sacajaweeda
    Zapper
    Darth Paris
    PonchoPower
    Dr.Gee
    noahtuck
    Nilfennasion
    Mike
    racer-x
    ripper
    p_l
    jackal70058
    heywould
    Leoslocks
    hudsonguy
    19_Chevelle_69
    BigBlueBuddha
    hpdog259962

Should I just got through and enable it for all of them or ask them first? Or enable it and then send out a mass email saying how to disable it again?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well my personal opinion for what it’s worth I would not mind if some one did it for me and knowing I could shut it of is a plus if I did not want it .
    Some might not know it exsist. icon_rolleyes.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Well my personal opinion for what it’s worth I would not mind if some one did it for me and knowing I could shut it of is a plus if I did not want it .
    Some might not know it exsist. icon_rolleyes.gif

Exactly. Plus I could send everyone instructions on how to shut it off. Its also interesting that besides Bugsie, Cap, and Mike, all the people on that list aren’t on here alot, maybe because they never get the notifications.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gar
    I have a few sites on my one touch favorites button and each morning before I head out to the shop I go threw them to make sure I dont miss to awfull much . I try to make sure I get back to anyone who ask a question or reply’s to mine .

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Gar
    I have a few sites on my one touch favorites button and each morning before I head out to the shop I go threw them to make sure I dont miss to awfull much . I try to make sure I get back to anyone who ask a question or reply’s to mine .

That’s what I do. I run through my email and the sites a couple times a day and see what I missed. I’ve decided to send out a mass email (which will go to everyone) telling them about this feature and asking them to reply whether or not they want me to activate it for them.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

sent!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gar
    Hey just got mine looks good . thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Gar
    Hey just got mine looks good . thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Unfortunately I can’t control who I send it to so even those who have it already active will recieve one.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yup, I can advertise it on 2 sites. NOw that I got another one.

OK, I’ve finished the ad for Wisconsin Collector Car. You can check it out online here:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/ad.html
    and I’ve made a zip file with all the pics and html files in it which you can download from here:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/downloads/Wisconsin_Collector_Car.zip

What do you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    That’s what I do. I run through my email and the sites a couple times a day and see what I missed. I’ve decided to send out a mass email (which will go to everyone) telling them about this feature and asking them to reply whether or not they want me to activate it for them.

Be careful how you use that button, it can be construed as spam nad all it takes is one person to report it as spam to your host. If you want to set up a amiling list create a new open group that users can subscribe to.

@prostreet, Hello from Wilkes-Barre. wave.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.