Welcome Forum The Lounge Help populate the Wiscollectorcar forum!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Any ideas on how to help bring more users to the forum??? its always great to see a new face! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 13 replies - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello To Ya Thecoalman wave.gif

Right in my area , Im only an hour or so away and the door is always open to visitors. My phone number is posted just give me a yell.

Sorry I did not get your first name . icon_sad.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Sorry I did not get your first name . icon_sad.gif

First name Coal last name Man. icon_cheesygrin.gif

It’s Rich…. http://www.coaldelivery.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Rich
    Awsome web site . we will be going back to coal this year we are looking at different systems . I went to oil in one shop and gas in the other but its killing me to heat the shop well over 6000 a year . Its almost pittafull that 5 years ago in the one shop it only cost us 1200.00 and we stayed warm.

Again great site my son is going to enjoy it . he just did a report and went on a school trip .
    Thanks for the link . thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    That’s what I do. I run through my email and the sites a couple times a day and see what I missed. I’ve decided to send out a mass email (which will go to everyone) telling them about this feature and asking them to reply whether or not they want me to activate it for them.

Be careful how you use that button, it can be construed as spam nad all it takes is one person to report it as spam to your host. If you want to set up a amiling list create a new open group that users can subscribe to.

@prostreet, Hello from Wilkes-Barre. wave.gif

That’s a good point coalman. What would happen if someone reported that as spam to the host? Would the forum be shut down or something? Once I create the usergroup and move users into it how do I email everyone in that group? Just use the mass email feature and select only that group?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well depending on their policy’s they could go as far as canceling your account requiring you to find a new server. Most hosts have a zero tolerance towards spamming and any inclination on their part that you have usually results in cancellation. Remember any unsolicited e-mail can be considered spam.

As far as the usergroup you set up a usergroup and call it the Wisconsin Car Collector Newsletter” or whatever and make it an open group that anyone can join. You don’t move anyone into it but make them aware that it’s there and what it’s for which would be an occasional newsletter from yourself. You can use the mass e-mail function by just selecting the newsletter group so only they receive it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Well depending on their policy’s they could go as far as canceling your account requiring you to find a new server. Most hosts have a zero tolerance towards spamming and any inclination on their part that you have usually results in cancellation. Remember any unsolicited e-mail can be considered spam.

As far as the usergroup you set up a usergroup and call it the Wisconsin Car Collector Newsletter” or whatever and make it an open group that anyone can join. You don’t move anyone into it but make them aware that it’s there and what it’s for which would be an occasional newsletter from yourself. You can use the mass e-mail function by just selecting the newsletter group so only they receive it.

That sounds good. Its always better to be safe than sorry!!

hpdog259962
    Participant

With me, if you can me a … “daily digest” of all the posts made in a day. I normally check here daily and my e-mail weekley.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Hi Guys

Gee 32 members and over 800 post for a month thats not bad at all.

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Yeah not too bad, but then consider Capmaster’s posts at VH:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=101970
    Yeah its not bad at all, just working to always make it better and better. I checked out what you suggested and the following users do not have “Notify Me Of Replies” enabled:
    Bugsie
    Cap
    sacajaweeda
    Zapper
    Darth Paris
    PonchoPower
    Dr.Gee
    noahtuck
    Nilfennasion
    Mike
    racer-x
    ripper
    p_l
    jackal70058
    heywould
    Leoslocks
    hudsonguy
    19_Chevelle_69
    BigBlueBuddha
    hpdog259962

Should I just got through and enable it for all of them or ask them first? Or enable it and then send out a mass email saying how to disable it again?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    With me, if you can me a … “daily digest” of all the posts made in a day. I normally check here daily and my e-mail weekley.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Hi Guys

Gee 32 members and over 800 post for a month thats not bad at all.

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Yeah not too bad, but then consider Capmaster’s posts at VH:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=101970
    Yeah its not bad at all, just working to always make it better and better. I checked out what you suggested and the following users do not have “Notify Me Of Replies” enabled:
    Bugsie
    Cap
    sacajaweeda
    Zapper
    Darth Paris
    PonchoPower
    Dr.Gee
    noahtuck
    Nilfennasion
    Mike
    racer-x
    ripper
    p_l
    jackal70058
    heywould
    Leoslocks
    hudsonguy
    19_Chevelle_69
    BigBlueBuddha
    hpdog259962

Should I just got through and enable it for all of them or ask them first? Or enable it and then send out a mass email saying how to disable it again?

That is essentially what this would be, it would notify you whenever someone relies to a topic. It wouldn’t keep sending you emails if for instance say 3 people posted, just the first one. Then after you visit and see the topic and maybe post a reply it will notify you again. As far as new threads you wouldn’t get any notification but that is just what you could do when you browse the forum each day. Also on the main forum index on the top right there is a link for “View Posts Since Last Visit” that you can use too:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts
    Personally I just find it easier to browse the forum. Is that sort of setup what you were thinking?

hpdog259962
    Participant

It’ll work as a reminder for people that haven’t logged in in a couple months.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It’ll work as a reminder for people that haven’t logged in in a couple months.

Exactly. I’ve already sent the emails but like coalman said you have to be careful of people reporting it as spam. But as far as activating the feature I’ll probably have to wait from confirmation from the users before doing it.

HpDog you’re all set, you will recieve replys to topics now. icon_wink.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well we’ve reached 40 users!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t been around for awhile, but you might consider a banner to display at any events you attend. At least that way you may get the attention of a few more car collectors. (As opposed to junk collectors like myself) Getting links added to a few other car type sites could help this site grow also. But I wouldn’t worry about trying to grow too fast, some things take time and it looks you are moving along at a good pace. I would think that running a fourm is like raising kids, alot more fun when very young and uncontrolable when they get bigger! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I haven’t been around for awhile, but you might consider a banner to display at any events you attend. At least that way you may get the attention of a few more car collectors. (As opposed to junk collectors like myself) Getting links added to a few other car type sites could help this site grow also. But I wouldn’t worry about trying to grow too fast, some things take time and it looks you are moving along at a good pace. I would think that running a fourm is like raising kids, alot more fun when very young and uncontrolable when they get bigger! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Great suggestions Zapper!! What type of banner were you thinking for the show, just something we could have sitting next to the cars or something? If anyone is skilled with photoshop and would like to give it a go more power to ya!! thumbsup.gif I was thinking of doing something like shirts we could wear to the show about the site but that might look stupid and people can’t remember a url anyway. We’d have to have like flyers along with the banner. A good way to advertise at the shows would be to say that we have a complete list of events in Wisconsin, something that people really would like to find.

Also do you have any recommendations on how to find other car sites or what other ones would be good to add? I’ve added the link to several of them, its just hard finding other good ones.

I think the site is growing nicely and we have a great userbase here!! icon_cheesygrin.gif Everyone give each other a virtual pat on the back!!! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Viewing 13 replies - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.