Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    Did you miss the other posts about adding jobs? It’s well known Sub Zero will lay off workers, no surprise there. :)

Sub Zero lays them off, then hires them back. Its like the Boy who cries wolf once a year…

circletrack
    Participant
    Xman wrote:
    circletrack wrote:
    Did you miss the other posts about adding jobs? It’s well known Sub Zero will lay off workers, no surprise there. :)

Guess I missed that: “The state’s 14,600 lost jobs in November not only led the nation but reflected the fifth straight month of declines in the job market.”

So I guess if we had a different governor, we’d be adding jobs left and right? I work in the industry and see businesses closing every single day, recovery takes time.

Xman
    Participant

Your right it does take time, but I remember a promise of 250,000 new jobs in four years for the private sector. Looks like we got 236,000 to go.. Right on schedule…;-)

moparkid25
    Participant

So a recall election takes place, Walker is out, then what?

I have yet so see a candidate for the Democrats that could beat Walker. Kathleen Falk, really?! After all, she did such good things for Dane County… :sick: What will a democrat governor change? The answer is nothing, then the supporters will be pissed. And let’s not talk about all the money this recall effort is costing THE TAXPAYER.

Bottom line is we elect officals for a term. If they don’t satisfy, they are voted out at the next election. The recall effort just shows when you don’t get your way you can dissolve democracy. I’m so sick of this recall stuff and the pissant protesters/signature collectors. I’m also sick of the protesters taking a dump in the capital rotunda when there mama’s potty trained them long ago. But, if I didn’t speak my mind and call all the libtards mouthbreathers, Paul Underwood wouldn’t be able to send emails to DDHemi calling me an asshole. His day is coming 😆

Xman wrote:
    Your right it does take time, but I remember a promise of 250,000 new jobs in four years for the private sector. Looks like we got 236,000 to go.. Right on schedule…;-)

I hope this was posted from the comfort of your home, not the comfort of your desk chair at your state job :whistle:

Xman
    Participant

I’ve been home for two months burning TAXPAYER money..Thanks ;-)

GTO Man

Thermo Fisher Cutting 43 Jobs In Milwaukee

Channel 3000 Story

Xman
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    Sub-Zero To Lay Off 100 Madison Employees

Channel 3000 Story

I talked to a friend who was laid off from Sub Zero last night. He told me this was an old story they re-aired. The Madison plant has been virtually empty since last year. When the announcement was made they were moving to Texas. He said they only moved the custom builds to Texas, they were making about 13 custom refrigerators a week. Also the Fitchburg plant is hiring and has mandatory overtime in place because they are so busy. So looks like good news for some..;-)

Amigo2k
    Amigo2k
    Amigo2k
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mining bill defeated in a move that was totally political, 3100 good paying jobs lost, because one party wanted to make sure that the gov. looks bad.

The end result is that the 3100 people/familys who could have good paying jobs are the real losers.

The enviroment didn’t have a thing to do with it, this company has been mining in MN for years with no problems.

GTO Man

It is too bad about the jobs, had the bill passed another big loser would of been the environment.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had the bill been defeated by…………lets say half democrats and half republicans or even 2/3’s 1/3, voting no,then I would say that it was a enviromental issue, this was purely politcs.

As I said before, they have been mining in MN for years with no problems.

I hope those same enviromental issues come up should Falk win and bring this back to life. It would be ironic if all of a sudden all the dems voted yes and all the repubilcans voted no.

Amigo2k

They can still open the mine, they just have to follow the existing rules.

Amigo2k
Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.