Welcome Forum Car Shows Madison Auto & Motorsports Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

I wonder who is organizing this?

http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/UpcomingEvents/tabid/103/ctl/Details/Mid/456/ItemID/1382/Default.aspx

Alliant Energy Center

Saturday, March 24, 2012
    Sunday, March 25, 2012

The 2012 Auto Expo is a fun and exciting event for the whole family which allows positive exposure to the motorsports world while giving a portion of the ticket sales and some services provided by vendors to various causes. Collector, antique and race cars will be the main focus of the attractions, but all motorsports and outdoor activities vendors will be featured as well.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    thekcarguy
    Participant

well it looks like instead of a trailer I will be driving my car to the show..no way am I paying 100.00 for gas and ya…best just to drive two cars down..

circletrack
    Participant

Me too.. let’s hope the forecast is correct for the next week!

thekcarguy
    Participant

I would like a trailer though…But it just does not make sense when I got a 2.5 liter four cylinder that gets 33 MPG..I hope that the weather is good..MY Girlfriend is a little hesitant to drive behind me on the belt line.. But the show is like 4ish some miles on the belt line?

circletrack
    Participant

Where are you coming from?

thekcarguy
    Participant

Westby WI which is about 100 miles from Madison

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The organizer of this show, username “robh”, said he will be posting some more information in this topic shortly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all. This is Rob, one of the show organizers. Sorry to have posted the show and disappeared. The show has very few vendors, a lot of cars, a few trucks, a few boats, and a dazzling display by Madison International Speedway which is said to include drivers for meet & greet. The goal was to attract families and thereby introduce youngsters to the world of collector cars, which is why we are having sections of the floor devoted to entertainment and kids activities. There will be around 9 acts and some very good bands at the later hours. Radio support will be active this next week and we have been putting up the flyers all over the county for the last week. Late, I know. If you would like to help by forwarding the flyer to friends or printing it out and posting in your area, you can grab it from the website – http://www.madisoncarshow.com or email me at madisonautoshow@yahoo.com or call if you would like to speak to us personally at 608-237-7663. Earlier comments mentioned how much a show like this costs to put on, and all I can say is you probably cannot imagine the amount and it is quite true. That being said, we are trying to promote with limited funds that are left, and can use all the help we can get. The goal is to create an annual show, and find the magic formula to get people from Madison to support a show, which has been elusive to say the least. This show is being put on by 1 car guy and 1 videoguy/rocker, and a graphics gal in less than 3 months. 2 of us already work more than 50 hours a week at our regular gigs. How this all got started is an even stranger story which I will share after the show. We are open to any ideas and suggestions to make the show as good as it can be, and are still in need of even logistical suggestions on making things go as smoothly as possible. Response from the car community has been outstanding, and there are a very wide variety of vehicles and collectors helping to get this going. I am at this point hoping to not loose too much jing, but have had a gun to my head the entire time and only want a great turn out for all the participants. It will be an intimate show, and at least all the cars will stand out and people will be able to see everything in a couple of hours. Thanks to those who are placing cars and joining together to try and create a new show in Madison, and to the postings on this forum which helped kick my butt into high gear. Rob

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks Rob, looking forward to the show!

maddog
    Participant

Looking at the sponsors for this show; can anyone tell me who or what “Checkered Flag” is?

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Little over 4 miles if you are entering from 18/151 but if it’s early in the morning on a weekend the beltline is typically not bad at that time, should be no problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Checkered Flag has been detailing cars in the Madison area since 1992, and selling a resin based car sealant which shines like wax but provides a rock hard protective coating which is resistant to UV, paints, tar, grime, oils and other road hazards. Videos can be viewed at http://www.checkeredflagusa.com. It has been sold at car shows and auto parts stores in Southern Wisconsin, and CF has been a sponsor of Madison International Speedway in the past. We would also like to especially thank the early vendors who embraced the goals of this show and took risk to support the effort to create an annual show that can grow into something wonderful. AMS, The Radio Doctor, Rocky’s Detailing, Tint Tek, Rose’s Collision, J&L 4WD, Camperland RV, Viking Party Store, Wells Fargo, Mazanet Marina, The BoatHouse, Razor Sharp, Nascar James, US Cellular, Drums & Moore and MIS. We could still squeeze in a couple more cars and hope everyone will be able to join us for a fun day and a great show. Someone attending the show will win a Daytona Vacation, so please tell your friends.

thekcarguy
    Participant

I got a question, I got a Portable power inverter, are they allowed to power a small stereo in the trunk of my car?

moparkid25
    Participant

So it’s $5 per person to enter the event, plus the $6 the county is going to soak people for parking, plus the overpriced concessions the county sells (which are not related to the event)?

Sounds like this one might get expensive.

GTO Man

For a local car event in a good location, sounds like a good deal to me.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

kcar, I was told you must disconnect your battery and tape the terminals so it cant be connected.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.