Welcome Forum The Lounge Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Thread

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First time poster here. I’ve known Garibaldi from videohelp.com and convopit.net. Now I thought I’d check out his site. Nice job gar icon_wink.gif

So any other Star Wars fans here??????

Kevin

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Hi,

:)

I was born in 78 so I missed the chance to see them in the theaters the first time but I had the tapes for sure!

It was pure heaven when the SPECIAL EDITIONS were released. I never thought I would be able to see them in the theaters. But I got to see them a ton! It was a dramatic difference compared to tv. Pure heaven! :)

Kevin

Same here I was born in 77 and never saw the originals on the big screen. Pure genuis on Lucas part to rerelease them.

I only hope this new movies doesn’t Blow they have so much to cover and not a lot of time to cover it in.

Hi,

I don’t think we’ll be disapointed. Even if there are a few loose ends so what???? It’s gonna have a TON of action in it. :)

Kevin

True but if there are loose ends why even bring them up in the story line?

You mean loose ends from the original films or the new ones?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The new ones! I think the last movie left to many unaswered questions.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The new ones! I think the last movie left to many unaswered questions.

Oh ok, I’ve seen Episode I but not II yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all ! icon_cool.gif
    I thought until last week Episode III was to come on the 19th of May worldwide…
    But here (in France), it came out on sunday evening in Cannes Festival and we’ll have it tomorrow nationwide.
    I guess we are lucky icon_cheesygrin.gif
    From the trailers and sequences I have seen, it is really explosive, long, very long light saber fights, 2 hours and 20 minutes movie…
    All this sounds really good for those who like sunny.gif

I’ll go and see it tomorrow afternoon while most of you will have breakfast or oversleep icon_rolleyes.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

You guys are lucky that you get it sooner than us. I know there have been fans lined up in New York for a couple weeks now, seems a bit excessive to me! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif They are loyal, that is for sure. Let us know what you think about it! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can be sure I will, Star Wars has been “besides” me since I was 7 in 1976 icon_wink.gif
    …Even if I will see it in a very remote place tomorrow (small town in the countryside), I may have to get there an hour ahead !

… And yes ! I feel lucky w00t.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    You can be sure I will, Star Wars has been “besides” me since I was 7 in 1976 icon_wink.gif
    …Even if I will see it in a very remote place tomorrow (small town in the countryside), I may have to get there an hour ahead !

… And yes ! I feel lucky w00t.gif

Same thing with Star Trek for me. I started out watching the original series and fell in love with the stories and characters. The whole dynamics of the series really were and still are unique. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

jumpy.gif I have seen it !!!, I have seen it jumpy.gif

Well, of course, I won’t tell to much, I promise icon_cheesygrin.gif
    It is a very good one, but I cannot say wether or not it is my favorite among Episode I II or III.
    All I can say, is that it starts a bit slow to my opinion, but then goes crescendo in seriousness, feelings and POWER.
    About Anakin, the death of his mother is not the only reason of why he turns “bad”, but it has a lot to do with it even if it is NOT the main reason.
    Concerning how he “turns”, I am a bit skeptic about his moral strengths…
    The end is really good, very, very strong in many ways…

I’ll stop here, it would not be fair otherwise.
    Honestly, I recommend that movie, it is probably one of the best Good/Evil allegory I have ever seen and enjoyed, as a kid or as an adult. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Great!!! Sounds like you enjoyed it overall!

One thing that is unique about this movie is it is a prequel, you know exactly what is going to happen. This makes for a different type of good/evil allegory like you mentioned than normal!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did they do a good job of answering all the unanswered questions?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Did they do a good job of answering all the unanswered questions?

Yes they did, all “genealogy” questions are pretty well answered.
    For me, there are still some shadow zones regarding Jedis and Jedi Council, G. Lucas could have make something more… Historical regarding these ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I agree. I saw it last night. EXCELLENT!!!!!

Does a great job of tying in the whole trilogy. Very powerful ending. :)

Kevin

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow great!! Sounds very exciting! I’ll have to see it soon!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do they explain why in episode 4 why C3PO and R2D2 Don’t reconize the skywalker name or the Lars farm?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, they do : they just erase their memories, especially on C3PO, they don’t say much about R2D2.
    Oh, by the way, do you know where the name R2D2 comes from ? (it is a real question with a specific answer)

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.