Welcome Forum Car Shows The 2009 Car Show Schedule………….

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are a couple of things that I noticed last night, after receiving the 3D Sound Company calendar (Dave & Susan Palmer):

1. The “Jesus Built My Hot Rod” Show has been switched from Saturday, September 5th to Saturday, August 29th? (BTW, This is an outstanding show, if you have never been)

2. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Sunday, June 21st (Father’s Day). You can pick from the Swan City Park Beaver Dam show or the Cruisin’ To Portage show. This will be the 2nd year for the Portage Show.

3. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Saturday, August 22nd. You can pick from the VFW/MuscleCarPerformance Show in Madison or the Spring Green show.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

As for Jesus he did not build my Hot Rod. But I may have said his name a few times..LOL

2. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Sunday, June 21st (Father’s Day). You can pick from the Swan City Park Beaver Dam show or the Cruisin’ To Portage show. This will be the 2nd year for the Portage Show.

There are more conflicting shows then that. Wizards of Rods show is always on Fathers day weekend in Warrens (Great Show).

Back to the 50’s is that weekend also in St. Paul.
    B)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re absolutely right!

I had forgotten about the Wizards of Rods show. I have always heard very good things about that show. I have never attended the Back To The 50s Show, but I keep telling myself, “One of these years……..”

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Xman wrote:

Quote:
    As for Jesus he did not build my Hot Rod. But I may have said his name a few times..LOL

There is a single, solitary nut that holds the steering wheel on the shaft in my car, and it vibrates lose occasionally. I call that the “Jesus” nut, much like on the rotor of a helicopter. Because, if it every actually vibrates off, I am a goner.:laugh:

Marshall

Xman
    Participant

oops.. Got those Jesus clips on your carb also?

Ya know Jesus ______ there goes another one.

moparkid25
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    3. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Saturday, August 22nd. You can pick from the VFW/MuscleCarPerformance Show in Madison or the Spring Green show.

This is a no-brainer, Spring Green is a way better show.

moparkid25
    Participant

Has anyone heard any more about the Monroe show?

I’m doing the ones I had the most fun at last year. I’m also going to attempt to hit up a few I’ve never been to before that are north, south, and west of the farm.

I’m also passing on a lot of cruise nights this year too. For me to go see my fellow RoadApples, its almost an hour drive on a Tuesday. QSL is not as bad, but I really don’t enjoy the food so by the time I get home, eat dinner, and get over there most people have left. :(

circletrack
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    Here are a couple of things that I noticed last night, after receiving the 3D Sound Company calendar (Dave & Susan Palmer):

1. The “Jesus Built My Hot Rod” Show has been switched from Saturday, September 5th to Saturday, August 29th? (BTW, This is an outstanding show, if you have never been)

Marshall

I wish people would either look at the calendar to see what shows have already been scheduled or ask others who attend shows on a regular basis when they are held… Last year the VFW Show was the same day as the Fox Lake Show and attendance was down because of it. You can never compete against that show and this year they’re going against Spring Green which is also a favorite show of many… The Cruisin’ to Portage Show was really good last year but COLD! Let’s hope we don’t have to worry about that again this year! :)

I’m hoping there are no conflicts on June 27, the sun is out and it’s a beautiful day. I’ve heard from several car clubs already that plan on attending! :cheer:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wholeheartedly agree with circletrack………… There could be some checking and cross checking so that some of the established shows didn’t interfere with one another.

Remembering back to last year, there was a conflict and it had to do with 3D Sound, and I thought this year that the conflict was settled so that 3D Sound could do the VFW Show and the Spring Green Show. This can’t be so, because 3D Sound is committed to Spring Green. I wonder what that leaves in the way of music for the VFW/MuscleCarPerformance Show?

Marshall

GTO Man

3D can do a number of shows on the same day. Obviously one of the problems is making a decision as to when to have a show without knowing what else is happening that weekend. That is where a site like this could help if show organizers had a place to go to and post the information. If there was some organization among car show organizers to do that they would know what was going on.

lordairgtar
    Participant

3D Sound has an impressive fleet of sound trucks and can do shows in several places at once.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had forgotten that 3D Sound has multiple trucks/DJs available for any given date.

Does anyone remember who actually did the music at last year’s VFW show? I don’t remember if I attended this show or was at another show on that date.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    3D Sound has an impressive fleet of sound trucks and can do shows in several places at once.

Yeah, and as long as Dave himself or the nice lookin’ older woman is doing the sound :blush: they are very enjoyable. Now, if you get Mr. “lookie here” or that washed up biker mamma doing the sound, I’m heavily annoyed before I get out of the car…

Amigo2k

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Mr. “lookie here”

😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I have heard that myself, more than once

“Lookie here, Lookie here, look what’s coming in now……. it’s a…”

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    Yep, I have heard that myself, more than once

“Lookie here, Lookie here, look what’s coming in now……. it’s a…”

Marshall

More often than not everything is pro street in his world….:P

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.