Welcome Forum Car Shows The 2009 Car Show Schedule………….

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are a couple of things that I noticed last night, after receiving the 3D Sound Company calendar (Dave & Susan Palmer):

1. The “Jesus Built My Hot Rod” Show has been switched from Saturday, September 5th to Saturday, August 29th? (BTW, This is an outstanding show, if you have never been)

2. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Sunday, June 21st (Father’s Day). You can pick from the Swan City Park Beaver Dam show or the Cruisin’ To Portage show. This will be the 2nd year for the Portage Show.

3. There are two conflicting shows scheduled for Saturday, August 22nd. You can pick from the VFW/MuscleCarPerformance Show in Madison or the Spring Green show.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

This is what bothers me about the 3d sound “B team” :

1. Peppermint Patty and her smokers voice talking over the music. At high noon she does a salute to American Soldiers which I have no problem with (and actually wish more dj’s would do), but she constantly talks and expects everyone to pay attention to her. Then she sees people she knows and she must announce it over the PA – I don’t care!!! If I see Marshall or Ryan at a show I don’t go running to the mic and annouce it, lol. She’s overbearing and annoying to the point I can’t wait to leave a show.

2. Mr. “lookie here” really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. On more than one occasion I’ve heard him misrepresent a vehicle driving into a show. More music and less talk PLEASE! Granted he’s not as bad as the biker queen, but sometimes I just don’t want to hear people talk.

Now, when you get Dave, you get a great show! He’s got the radio voice, he’s very knowledgeable, and a friendly guy ;)

circletrack
    Participant

I agree with all your points Zac and will add I didn’t see her much last summer, I don’t think she was at the Edgerton Show, which she normally is.

Everyone has their own way of running the show, and I will agree I’d much rather hear the music than the constant talking. I also like to hear a variety of music, it’s hard to believe my Chevelle is 40 years old this year?!?! Where has the time gone? Imagine the music you can play at the shows today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, looking at Mazomanie’s Chamber of commerce website it seems they are thinking of trying a car show on Friday, July 3rd….

If I learn anything more I will pass it along. So far the car guys in and around town haven’t been included in any planning or ideas.

moparkid25
    Participant

lilwillie wrote:

Quote:
    Well, looking at Mazomanie’s Chamber of commerce website it seems they are thinking of trying a car show on Friday, July 3rd….

If I learn anything more I will pass it along. So far the car guys in and around town haven’t been included in any planning or ideas.

Keep me posted, I could take the day off work & cruise up from the Blue Mounds. I’d like to see a few more local shows around our area!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would certainly like to attend a show in Mazomanie. Please keep us posted on this. The 3d of July is a Friday, and attending a “new” car show would be a great way to kick off the weekend.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will keep everyone posted. If I can catch the Chamber President I’ll get more details.

Amigo2k

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/latest/440374

looks like monroe is back on!

Anonymous
    Inactive

B) MARK YOUR CALENDARS: I thought that I would inform everyone that the VFW / Muscle Car Performace Car Show is being held on Sunday, Aug 23rd this year. Last year we went against to many shows that were in the area, so it was decide to move the date.

circletrack
    Participant

Belinda ~ you do know that’s the Spring Green show that easily attacts over 200 cars? I know it’s hard to plan a show on a weekend where there isn’t one, but Spring Green is a very well attended show.

moparkid25
    Participant

Chevy_Lady wrote:

Quote:
    B) MARK YOUR CALENDARS: I thought that I would inform everyone that the VFW / Muscle Car Performance (formerly known as House of Horsepower and Custom Hack Jobs) Car Show is being held on Sunday, Aug 23rd this year. Last year we went against to many shows that were in the area, so it was decide to move the date.

I think I’d go to Spring Green.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the forum Chevy_Lady!!!!!!B)

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just checked my desk calendar and it looks like this will work out very well!

The Spring Green Show is Saturday, August 22d, and the VFW/Muscle Car Performance is the next day, Sunday, August 23d. Eureka:lol:

Chevy_Lady ~ Who is doing the sound/DJing for the VFW Show? Is it 3D Sound?

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

It will not be 3-D sound as Dave is usually booked. I think we are going with the DJ that we had last year. He was not bad and only 1/4 the price of 3D Sound. Our first year at the VFW :angry: we had 3D sound there and had the girls … not a good thing.:angry:

GTO Man

Sunday the 23rd should work out great for the show. That is a great setting.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Chevy_Lady wrote:

Quote:
    It will not be 3-D sound as Dave is usually booked. I think we are going with the DJ that we had last year. He was not bad and only 1/4 the price of 3D Sound. Our first year at the VFW :angry: we had 3D sound there and had the girls … not a good thing.:angry:

Who is going to be your DJ, Chevy_Lady? And where is this show?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.