Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Winter Weather

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Original Author: GTO Man

hey are talking 6 to 10 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. I am sick of this weather already.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Original Author: moparkid

Yeah, at least it isn’t the wet, heavy, icy crap that we got right away last winter. I’m looking out the window right now, it’s not coming down real heavy, but at this pace over the course of 12 hours we could get a few inches of snow.

I’m sure all the plow bandits are licking there lips.

circletrack
    Participant

I just got home from Columbus and the plows are out in full force spreading salt all over. There’s nothing like going down the road and having salt thrown at you… We have to remember it is December, but I’m not ready (or looking forward) to another winter! :(

GTO Man

Looks like tomorrow may be a good day to stay home. I am ready for some warm weather.

GTO Man

May not be as bad as originally thought, probably around 3 to 4 inches. You can always count on the original prediction to be wrong.

Xman
    Participant

Let is snow, Let it snow, Let it snow…. :X

moparkid25
    Participant

The latest forecast has another couple of inches of snow coming in tomorrow. This year it doesn’t seem to bother me as bad and I think its because I’m not plowing snow. It’s nice not to have to get up at all hours and then work 16-17 hour days, weekends, holidays, etc. I only plowed the lot at the Dealership (and a few other places thanks to the boss’ truck), but when you have to be careful around $,$$$,$$$ in new and used inventory along with customers vehicles it takes a while. Then the government takes half of that. The extra money plowing wasn’t really enough for to justify it anymore.

Now I get up in the AM, get ready for work, put the truck in 4WD, and the neighbor brings his tractor over and cleans my driveway so its all nice when I get home from work. :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Its cold on the face but other than that not too bad. It was almost “warm” today when the wind died down!

moparkid25
    Participant

I just got back to the shop from Thorstads and highways weren’t bad, but Madsion’s streets suck. I understand they are trying to cut back on using salt, but that still doesn’t mean the trucks have to drive around with the blades up….

GTO Man

This winter is starting out just like last winter, every other day we seem to get some snow.

GTO Man

Snow day today. I’m not driving all the way across town to go to work.

Amigo2k

Its a ghost-town in my office today…. It only took me an extra 3 minutes to drive the 3.5 miles to work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took me 30 minutes to drive the 10 minute drive to work. Hwy Y in western Dane County to Mazo. Last county road plowed it seems. Very drifty and I was pushing snow with the Trail Blazer.

Ghost town at the shop today, tons of no shows and the parts guys haven’t been around on time or at all in some cases.

Oh well, clean the shop, maybe move the Edsel over to start some winter work on it.

moparkid25
    Participant

lilwillie wrote:

Quote:
    Took me 30 minutes to drive the 10 minute drive to work. Hwy Y in western Dane County to Mazo. Last county road plowed it seems. Very drifty and I was pushing snow with the Trail Blazer.

Ghost town at the shop today, tons of no shows and the parts guys haven’t been around on time or at all in some cases.

Oh well, clean the shop, maybe move the Edsel over to start some winter work on it.

Yeah we haven’t got any parts deliveries today either. We’re also not delivering any parts today because of the weather…but our drivers are all 70+ years old 😆

Where I live South of Blue Mounds it took me almost a 1/2 hour to get to work. Then while I was on 18-151 a car behind thought they could drive on the snow pack and ended up down in the ditch and rolling over. We also have had a lot of cancellations today.

Maybe I’ll sneak out early and head home….

lordairgtar
    Participant

Some people didn’t show up to work today. Boss buys donuts for morning break and pizza for noon.
    Cost of donuts……….$7.50
    Cost of pizza………..$35.00
    Being able to say “Neener neener neener to the absentees tomorrow…priceless.

GTO Man

Looks like the snowy pattern will be letting up for the next week or so. Even above freezing over the weekend. Any snowmobilers here, sounds like all the trails are open.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.