Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Winter Weather

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Original Author: GTO Man

hey are talking 6 to 10 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. I am sick of this weather already.

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

I went to Hawaii for two weeks.. does that count? :side:

GTO Man

At least we didn’t receive as much snow as predicted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

God no, I haven’t found it.

I do know I am sick of this weather. Geeze, then add insult to injury I know the roads will be bad today so I gave the TrailBlazer to the wife. I drove her Impala my 4 miles to work. She has a 30 mile drive. So on her way she managed to destroy a wiper since she turned it off defrost….why…..”Cause I wanted the warm air blowing at me.” Well honey when the windshield started to freeze up that wiper isn’t going to like it.

So then after she is done work she called complaining the wiper was broke. “I know, you all ready chewed my ass once.” Wrong reply….

Screw it, next snow fall she drives her Impala, if it’s stuffed in the ditch then maybe the lesson will sink in.

What am I thinking, that will be my fault also……

Summer is coming, I’m sure I can be blamed for the heat also.

moparkid25
    Participant

With the forecast for this week, I think I’d take another foot of snow instead. Gonna have to break out the thermals again to stay warm.

I’m checking on planning a trip to Cancun….

jonmandude
    Participant

The problem with a trip south now is that you still have to come back. hahaha.

I just got done blowing the driveway…damn it is cold. I think I should have stayed in Texas. Where is this so called ‘global warming’ ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Police scanner is going mental this morning for roll overs and run offs in and around Dane County.

This small storm is worse then a big one, slow down people :)

jonmandude
    Participant

I don’t understand the roll offs. I drive 40+ miles home at 3:00 in the morning and drive close to the speed limit when possible. The roads aren’t that bad. Yes there is some large drifts on the country roads (and if I didn’t have a truck I never would have gone thru) but the highways are good. People need to plan their routes and learn how to drive. The “too slow” people are as much of a danger as the “too fast” ones. Learn how to control your vehicle. Learn how to feel what your vehicle is doing. I know when my truck starts to slip, I adjust accordingly, and never have a problem. I drive what the road allows me to drive safely. If you do not possess the skills needed to drive in this weather without causing risk to yourself and others, stay home.

moparkid25
    Participant

Looks like I’m the first forum member to have furnace troubles. The darn thing is 4 months old and I started having troubles last night. I got one of them four stage thermostats for selecting different temps, its programmed to be low during the day while I’m gone to save some propane, but be up to 68* when I get home. I got home last night and it was 55 in the house:angry: I called the guy who installed it and he walked me thru a relearn procedure and got the house warmed up last night. I went to bed and everything was still on the up and up. got up at 6am and the furnace shut off again in the middle of the night and its currently 49 inside the house:angry:

Waiting for the service people to get here to fix it so I can get to work. Scottsdale is looking better and better everyday.

GTO Man

That is a real pain when you have furnace troubles. Especially when as new as that one.

Looks like the cold spell is over, good riddance.

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.