Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Winter Weather

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Original Author: GTO Man

hey are talking 6 to 10 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. I am sick of this weather already.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Another ‘little’ storm. At least it a day out of work. How many places where you work closed up for the day?

I see more snow Saturday night into Sunday with blizzard like conditions. Just like last year. The snowbanks are already 5 to 6 feet high.

GTO Man

This winter is just like last winter. Once the snow started it hasn’t ended. It is like being forced to work three days straight with no rest. I used a snow rake on my roof today, it was much deeper than last year. With the chance of rain on Friday the weight would really increase.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m at 42 inches at my house for total snowfall this year. Just freaking crazy. Roof has been blown mostly clean by the strong winds straight from the south.h well one nice part of having a great view with no trees. Propane tank suffers though, the furnace is working OT. Zero snow plows down our road since the last storm. It’s a pain using the wifes Impala right now and I doubt I’ll see plows over the Christmas holiday. Thankfully I still have the TrailBlazer.

More snow Friday, rain, so much fun.

Merry Christmas everyone, keep it rubber side down!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought a pellet stove last year to heat my house… much warmer AND cheaper…

The new 11HP snowblower is working perfectly, too. And this week I put a diesel-fired ESPAR heater in the bunk of my Peterbilt…toasty!

Now… about this fricking global warming…I say bring back global cooling (same panic only 30 years ago)…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

krooser wrote:

Quote:
    I bought a pellet stove last year to heat my house… much warmer AND cheaper…

The new 11HP snowblower is working perfectly, too. And this week I put a diesel-fired ESPAR heater in the bunk of my Peterbilt…toasty!

Now… about this fricking global warming…I say bring back global cooling (same panic only 30 years ago)…

Unfortunately the name “global warming” is kind of misleading because the increase in greenhouse gases doesn’t just mean warmer temperatures everywhere, but more extreme weather depending on your location on the globe of course.

GTO Man

Just what we need, thunderstorms tonight. They are saying up to an inch of rain. I remember when we had that last year, a sure way of getting water in the basement.

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Just what we need, thunderstorms tonight. They are saying up to an inch of rain. I remember when we had that last year, a sure way of getting water in the basement.

I’m enjoying the warm temps, but rain is the last thing we need. In due time we’ll be back to sub-zero temps and freezing our a$$es off.

GTO Man

Looks like low 30’s into next week. Enough snow for this winter.

moparkid25
    Participant

I’m enjoying the “warm” weather we’ve had the last few days, every winter should be like this. I’ve had enough snow for at least a year. Last night on the news they said the 2008 total snowfall was 111.1″…..that’s too much snow.

Xman
    Participant

OK, Summer can arrive any time now…. I’ve had enough Winter.. B)

moparkid25
    Participant

Well, the ice storm last night was fun….

circletrack
    Participant

I’d rather have snow than the ice that is now covering everything. Steve & I went to look at a Camaro today near Deerfield and found many areas completely covered. The sun came out a bit, but didn’t warm things up enough.

Heard on the news the emergency rooms were full of people that had fallen on their way to church!!!

moparkid25
    Participant

In true fashion like last year, I fell on the ice saturday night twisting my knee, and landing on my back. I thought the fall was a lot softer, but the Southern Comfort was nothing more than a magic trick :laugh: Yesterday it was just the knee, but today its my neck, upper back, right shoulder wont let the arm go over my head, and turning my head l to r is a chore.

I can’t wait for the Dells, even if it rains it won’t be cold and icy.

Xman
    Participant

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Yesterday it was just the knee, but today its my neck, upper back, right shoulder wont let the arm go over my head, and turning my head l to r is a chore.

LOL, I felt like that after playing baseball on the Wii. 😆

moparkid25
    Participant

5-8″ again today. Then sub-zero temps most of next week. I’m looking for spring, has anyone found it?:S

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.