Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Gas Price Roll Call

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the going rate for gas in your part of the world? Currently this is what I am seeing in the Houston area.

87 octane – $2.09/gallon
    91 octane – $2.15/gallon
    93 octane – $2.22/gallon

I filled up last Thursday and it cost me $29.00 to fill up the tank in the Mustang, which is the highest I have ever paid. The way my motor has been tuned I have no choice but to use 93 octane. When I filled up that day there was a Hummer H2 behind me and I can tell from the owner’s face he was dreading the final tally. He filled up on 87 octane and when everything was said and done he had to fork over $50.00.

The sad thing was that he will probably have to fill up again in a couple of days.

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    $1.88 in Sun Prairie today… My husband got gas earlier this week and the clerk told him not to be surprised if it’s below $1 by Christmas!! While that would be great, are we going to pay for these low prices sooner or later and how come nothing else is coming down in price? Going to the grocery store is depressing! :(

The oil companies are still making billions of dollars at these low prices, how low can it go?

Just goes to show you how much they were making before the price got jacked up.

Amigo2k

1.87 on the westside now…..

GTO Man
    Quote:
    $1.88 in Sun Prairie today… My husband got gas earlier this week and the clerk told him not to be surprised if it’s below $1 by Christmas!! While that would be great, are we going to pay for these low prices sooner or later and how come nothing else is coming down in price? Going to the grocery store is depressing! :(

The oil companies are still making billions of dollars at these low prices, how low can it go?

Thats true, gas is going down but nothing else is. People can learn to drive less but they still need to buy food and supplies. If other products don’t go down we will still be having the problems we are.

GTO Man

Regular – 1.79
    Mid-grade – 1.89
    Premium – 1.99

moparkid25
    Participant

Bought it Monday night at $1.85. Filled up my truck E to F for $38 icon_cheers.gif

GTO Man

Regular – 1.77
    Mid-grade – 1.87
    Premium – 1.97

GTO Man

Regular – 1.74
    Mid-grade – 1.84
    Premium – 1.94

Sounds like OPEC might cut their output again. Big deal, it won’t make a difference. Demand will keep going down as people drive less. I don’t believe that people will go back to their old habits.

Amigo2k

Word is it might hit 1.00 in the next 6 months. For those going on the Power Tour it will help with the cost.

GTO Man

I haven’t bought racing fuel lately. I wonder if that has come down at all?

moparkid25
    Participant

I bought fuel on Friday for $1.74/gal. I see tonight its down to $1.69/gal in Verona.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Cheapest in Milwaukee is $1.59

GTO Man

Regular – 1.65
    Mid-grade – 1.75
    Premium – 1.85

Kepp going in the right direction.

moparkid25
    Participant

I see fuel went up a dime to $1.75/gal, but I’m still not complaining.

GTO Man

Nice to see that when OPEC announced they were cutting production 2+ million barrels a day the price has gone down. Ended around $36 a barrel today. People need to keep reducing the number of miles they drive. And the car companies need to produce much more fuel efficient vehicles and we will have OPEC right where we want them. It will be nice to be able to tell them what they can do with their some day.

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Nice to see that when OPEC announced they were cutting production 2+ million barrels a day the price has gone down. Ended around $36 a barrel today. People need to keep reducing the number of miles they drive. And the car companies need to produce much more fuel efficient vehicles and we will have OPEC right where we want them. It will be nice to be able to tell them what they can do with their some day.

Hell yes, It’s about time this country gets back on track!

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.