• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Anyone tired of winter yet?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Boy it sure did start snowing early this year. I liked last year when it didn’t snow until it was actually winter.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah I’m sick of it, the cold mostly. I don’t mind the snow but the constant feeling of being cold outside gets old quick

RivFan
    Participant

Winter sucks. Only 84 days to go before I’m on the beach in Jamaica. Yea Mon.

moparkid25
    Participant

I don’t mind the snow, but this freezing rain is BS.

jonmandude
    Participant

I just wish it could have waited a couple more weeks. Sven (yes that’s his name) still has to pick up the challenger and that leaves the Maxima out in the snow. I could just put the chally outside but feels wrong somehow.

circletrack
    Participant

111 days until spring… I just wish they would plow the roads already! We were out a bit ago and it’s terrible. Plowing before the stuff freezes again is highly recommended! icon_scratch.gif

moparkid25
    Participant

This storm has been the absolute worst I have ever plowed in. My 3/4 ton Chevy work truck with a Boss V-Plow was not heavy enough to break through the ice on top of the snow! I plowed for a total of 10 hours and still couldn’t get the lot clean. I had one of my customers in today who owns a excavation company, we got talking and I made the comment “Can I borrow an End Loader?” An hour later he had three of his guys up to help, 2 bobcats and an Endloader!!! That big monster even had problems digging up the ice/snow. Some of our used cars were literally froze to the pavement and we couldn’t move them!!

This sucks. I’ve never thought more about moving South than I have in the last two days…

icon_headbang.gif

Amigo2k

Global Warming where are u?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Global Warming where are u?

In an odd way, it is still present. Global warming not only causes warmer temperatures but really a higher presence of extremes. So you will see hotter summers and colder winters – as well as an increase in drought in some areas while increased flooding in others.

jonmandude
    Participant

Global warming hit it’s peak in 1998 (actually mid 1930’s) according to some experts. So I am off to the back yard with three cases of spray cans loaded with CFC’s. LOL

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Global warming hit it’s peak in 1998 (actually mid 1930’s) according to some experts. So I am off to the back yard with three cases of spray cans loaded with CFC’s. LOL

Good, I’m on my way with 3 cans of Aqua Net hairspray. Then we can kill the ozone together wave.gif

GTO Man

Another wonderful winter weekend, NOT.

circletrack
    Participant

This has to be the worst winter weekend yet…. All the rain/fog and now the ice, wind and snow! No thanks! I imagine many travel plans were tossed out the window. We’re not traveling until tomorrow and then only to Edgerton, hopefully things turn around by then.

moparkid25
    Participant

It’s just terrible outside. I’m getting ready to go to work (on a sunday night) and see if I can clean up any of the lot. Hopefully the wind has blown all the snow across the road into the field. As far as travel plans, I have to start my holidays in Madison tomorrow afternoon, then travel up to my aunt’s house in Rio and spend the night.

Guess I might have to limit my XMas toddies down to about a half dozen, though its’ harder to deal with family when your sober jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it doesn’t snow again this winter, it will be too soon for me! My back has been hurting all month from shoveling snow. I just came in from shoveling the end of the driveway for the third time this weekend.

However, Charlie Shortino is predicting that December 2007 will tie/break the all time record for the snowiest December on record in Wisconsin (December 2000).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.