• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Anyone tired of winter yet?

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I too just tried to drive into work. My side street were pure ice. The main roads are flooded. I got about a 0.5 miles away from my house and turned around. Thankfully my truck made it up my driveway into my garage.

circletrack
    Participant

Yep, I see everything has turned into ice now with snow to come on top of it. Oh how we love living in Wisconsin! :)

I’m sure the schools will be closed tomorrow which means they now have to start making up days and going even later into June. The drive in to work should be lots of fun too ~ NOT!

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    4:00 AM Sunday, February 17, 2008

I got home about an hour ago. Man this stuff is terrible. If you don’t ABSOLUTELY HAVE to drive, do not. It is an ice rink. If you think snowy roads are slick….

About the same time I got home this morning also. It took me an hour and a half to get from Madison to Mt. Horeb. Where I live, you first have to go down a hill, then up one, and while coming up the hill you have to turn right into my driveway and climb yet another hill to get up to the garage. I did OK until I hit my driveway….that’s when my truck slid off into the yard and I got stuck. I got out and tried to get up to the house, but I skated on my feet all the way back down the driveway. While gaining speed, I thought to myself to get into a baseball slide before I get to the street otherwise I’m gonna have big trouble. Well, before I coudl react gravity took over and I landed on my back, and hit my head in the driveway. I’m very sore today, but don’t think I caused any more brain damage than I already have. My back took the brunt of it for what it was worth. I then got up to the house and salted the walks good. I salted the driveway down to my truck and dumped a lot in front of the front wheels for traction. From there I was able to get out and get my rig into the garage.

I called one of my customers shortly after that and left a message to salt the lot at work. There’s no way I’ll get any traction with the plow the way it is being icy and all, and slamming into a 40K+ Silverado wouldn’t be good either.

Guess I’ll kick back and wait for the 500 to start. Then go to work for awhile so I can get home to watch the Knight Rider movie tonight thumbsup.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Zac ~ Did alcohol have anything to do with your fall? w00t.gif

GTO Man

I found some water in my basement and garage this morning so I have been cleaning that out.

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, we had water in our basement this morning also. I was outside a bit before the snow started and the water was pooling around the house, more than likely because the ground is frozen?! I know the City of Madison is worried about the water and snow, such fun!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Zac – wow, sounds like quite a story! I’m glad that you were finally able to make it inside! I feel pretty hard on ice a few weeks ago and like you said there’s no time to react at all, its just one instant you’re fine and the next you’ve already hit ground

circletrack
    Participant

Thankfully we didn’t get as much snow as predicted, but I can’t help but wonder how much ice is underneath. It was all slush earlier but I’m sure will freeze throughout the night. I see another winter storm is already predicted for next weekend ~ oh joy!

moparkid25
    Participant

No Rachael, alcohol did not play a factor in my fall (this time icon_cheesygrin.gif ).

I spent most of the evening at work clearing the lot, first the snow and then the slushy icy buildup underneath it. I’m still really sore all the way around, so I left a note saying I’m not in tomorrow. I think I’ll go see my chiropractor and get adjusted. Hopefully with some rest that will do the trick.

GTO Man

I bet there were allot of falls yesterday. Now I know what hell is like, this weather could not get any worse. I refuse to drive across town until traffic has thinned out.

montefrazer
    Participant
    Quote:
    I bet there were allot of falls yesterday. Now I know what hell is like, this weather could not get any worse. I refuse to drive across town until traffic has thinned out.

2/17/2008 the day Hell froze over. 😯 icon_cheesygrin.gif jumpy.gif icon_headbang.gif

GTO Man

Enjoy the big warm-up this weekend, all the way up to 36 tomorrow.

circletrack
    Participant

Break out the shorts and t-shirts! :) We are going to start working on the Chevelle this weekend though, making some changes to the old girl! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Woohoo, above freezing! icon_cheers.gif

GTO Man

Finally caught a small break, most of the snow missed us.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.