Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Anonymous
    Inactive

Way to go Garibaldi, I will be looking forward to this one!

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Great job, I’m looking forward to it! We normally go to Waterloo on Thursday nights as the diner there has done a great job the last couple years with his cruise nights at Cindy Lou’s, but we’ll make sure to travel to the west side also.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks! I think its going to be a lot of fun! If you want to have a car featured or know of someone who might please let me know!

Circletrack I’ve never heard of that cruise, how many years have they been doing it?

Amigo2k

I already have all the dates blocked off in my calendar. I can’t wait!

hpdog259962
    Participant

Warming Up The Cars As We Speak.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I already have all the dates blocked off in my calendar. I can’t wait!

Fantastic! I will try and make up some flyers soon

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here’s the completed flyer for the QSL event. Please print it out and pass it around or post it so we can let more people know about it and hopefully have a huge turnout at the cruise nights! You can cut between the vertical information on the bottom so that people can tear it off…

Right click on the image and say “save as” to save it for printing
    Quaker Steak & Lube Flyer

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Thanks! I think its going to be a lot of fun! If you want to have a car featured or know of someone who might please let me know!

Circletrack I’ve never heard of that cruise, how many years have they been doing it?

The cruise nights at Cindy Lou’s have been going on for at least a couple years now. The guy who owns the diner does them, it’s a small parking lot, but they really pack them in. He gives prizes each week from the local businesses in town and gives out a “pick of the week” voted on by everyone that attends. The last night of the year all the winners are invited back and a overall winner is chosen. It’s a good time!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like fun! I’m looking forward to trying all the cruise nights this year! Could you add that one on the calendar for us with whatever details you have?

Also has anyone ever been to the Wednesday Night Classics cruise night? I’ve heard it is a lot of fun, I hope to go at least once this year

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Here are the updates:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 24th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

This says the 24th but the flyer say the 26th, also on our website we have something posted about University Ave,
    Just looking to verify the information. Any help would be appreciated.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum! wave.gif Thanks for pointing that out, that was an old post. It is indeed Thursday, April 26th. All current info on the QSL Cruise Night can be found here. If you need any more specific information for your events calendar please let me know. I took a look at your site and really like it, it has a nice clean layout and good content. Would you or one of the clubs on the site in this area be interested in being featured at one of the cruise nights?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello and thank you. When a member post information we try and verify it.
    Your site is good. I went and posted a link for your site on our Registry, Forum and other useful sites page.

Amigo2k

Any idea when QSL is going to post the event on their calendar? I see bike night is up on Wednesday.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a good question. The page here on Wisconsin Collector Car is the official information resource about the QSL Cruise Nights. Check here for any updates and information about it, it will appear here first.

Also its pretty cool, The Lube has a new area called The Garage. Its a room on the side with garage doors making up all the walls – so during the warm summer cruise nights they’ll have all the doors open so you can be sitting with your car and getting something to drink/eat as well! icon_punk.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.