Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I like the idea of cruise nights on the west side. East towne is quite the hike from mt. horeb on a weekly basis.

Does anyone know got the notion to start this, was it QSL’s idea? I know they’ve had car events there before.

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

QSL decided to change their cruise nights to Thursday due to the huge success of Wednesday Bike Night and because of all the car shows on Saturday and Sunday (the previous day). I’ve been working with QSL to add some features to the cruise (ie the featured cars each week) and get the word out about it.

Moparkid, what car(s) do you have now?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Moparkid, what car(s) do you have now?

1998 GMC Sonoma, 2.2L 5sp, 150hp…and its red! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

My 3 boys are very excited about the QSL cruise nights. We live up in Sauk City and it’s a straight shot down Hwy 12 to get to the QSL. Thanks for setting this up Garibaldi!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My thanks, also, to Garibaldi and GTO Man! thumbsup.gif

I have been excited about this one for several months, now. I am taking that first Thursday off from work to spruce up the car and get it ready to cruise out to Middleton! This will hopefully turn out to be an excellent weekend as Spring Jefferson will that following Saturday and Sunday. Anyone seen the long term weather forecast yet? We are certainly deserving of some good weather, for a change.

MMRJR

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I am taking that first Thursday off from work to spruce up the car and get it ready to cruise out to Middleton!

Fanastic! I have also been counting down to this day for quite some time, it will be great for the season to start again and its nice to have a lot of options during the week as well as weekends. The weather forecasts we have here only go out until 10 days from now, so I guess we’ll have to wait until the 16th for a prediction. If I had to guess though I would say sunny skies and 70s! sunny.gif

circletrack
    Participant

The next 10 days don’t look promising at all! Where did spring go? :(

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
    Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
    Today
    Apr 7 Flurries
    35°/22° 20%
    35°F

Airport Conditions
    Sun
    Apr 8 Mostly Cloudy
    40°/23° 20%
    40°F

Mon
    Apr 9 Partly Cloudy
    44°/30° 10%
    44°F

Tue
    Apr 10 Snow Shower
    36°/33° 40%
    36°F

Airport Conditions
    Wed
    Apr 11 Snow Shower
    36°/28° 40%
    36°F

Thu
    Apr 12 Rain / Snow Showers
    42°/25° 30%
    42°F

Fri
    Apr 13 Rain / Snow Showers
    44°/37° 30%
    44°F

Check Flight Delays
    Sat
    Apr 14 Showers
    48°/35° 60%
    48°F

Sun
    Apr 15 Rain / Snow Showers
    49°/35° 60%
    49°F

Mon
    Apr 16 Cloudy
    51°/37° 10%
    51°F

GTO Man

You can never count on the weather here, and it seems to be getting worse.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I wonder if its going to get even hotter this summer than last. I would like it to be warm now but I’d be willing to wait if it means not as much unbearable heat in July

Amigo2k

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/calendar/event_detail.asp?fldEventID=82237

All you can eat shrimp on Thursday nights too!

I see the Cruise IN is now listed on their calendar…

icon_punk.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/calendar/event_detail.asp?fldEventID=82237

All you can eat shrimp on Thursday nights too!

I see the Cruise IN is now listed on their calendar…

icon_punk.gif

Shrimp and classics eh? Sounds interesting! w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was in the vicinity of QSL this past Thursday night (my daughter had a high school soccer game at Middleton HS) and I went out of my way to cruise past the QSL and the parking lot was full to overflowing with nothing special going on! I guess “shrimp night” really packs em in. I hope that next Thursday night, QSL makes room for the antique/collector/muscle car/special interest car crowd that will coming rolling in (weather permitting).

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I went out there for lunch today and it was packed as well! Lots of cars and quite a few bikes too. There was a Galaxy 500 outside and a few other “new” classics, mustangs and corvettes. The Malibu is up on the lift now inside. I’m getting excited for this week!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Announcement:
    The April 26th, 2007 cruise night at Quaker Steak and Lube is cancelled due to rainy weather! crybaby2.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

No cruise tonight? Dang!
    crybaby2.gif
    For the next few Thursday’s I’ll be tied up with my son’s soccer practice and may miss the cruise nights. But I’ll be there in spirit.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.