Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Damn I didn’t know about Blue Chip! We will also have House of Horsepower. I better start thinking about where I am fitting everyone.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Damn I didn’t know about Blue Chip! We will also have House of Horsepower. I better start thinking about where I am fitting everyone.

I just spoke with Blue Chip and they decided to reschedule for Sept. 27th.

circletrack
    Participant

It’s a good idea Blue Chip rescheduled. The lot wasn’t that full tonight, but having those two together isn’t always a good idea! :) Blue Chip has been there quite a few times this year already!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It’s a good idea Blue Chip rescheduled. The lot wasn’t that full tonight, but having those two together isn’t always a good idea! :) Blue Chip has been there quite a few times this year already!

They enjoy coming back and all other places are welcome to come back as much as they want to, just let us know ahead of time! thumbsup.gif

jonmandude
    Participant

This week is a mystery week. I am not sure what is being brought in. I am sure you all have seen the red Ferrari that comes in and leaves early? He told me that he and his friends in the Madison Sports Car Club are going to bring in their race cars, about half a dozen maybe a couple more. I am not sure what class they race, but it could be intersting.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yes the Madison Sports Car Club is featured and should be bringing a lot of cars! It will a fun night!

jonmandude
    Participant

Tonight the weather didn’t cooperate but, believe it or not, we still had over 30 cars. The MSCC group was amazing. Since they are all racers and race in any weather the rain didn’t stop them, I want to send a HUGE thanks out to Loren and Chris for coming out. I also want to thank the others that showed up in the weather. I truly appreciate it.

GTO Man

Glad to hear you had a turnout. I was tempted but it was pouring at my house. Thursday has had its share of iffy weather this year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Great to hear that it was a success Jon! I was all ready to come but it was pouring here so I decided that it wouldn’t be worth it

jonmandude
    Participant

Anyone who doesn’t make it out to the Lube, please don’t ever feel that an apology is needed. I never expect anything except when you do show up you come to have a good time.

jonmandude
    Participant

I want to thank Jim and the Wisconsin summer Cruisers along with the Mustang club for making it out this week. It was another beautiful night with 57 cars. I hope we have many more nights this year to go. I hoping to go thru October..weather permitting.

I did have a customer come up with an idea to end the season. What do you all think of this? For the last week in October I always try to plan a costume car show. This year maybe a POS night, a kind of anti-car show. Bring your winter beaters and worst car wins.

circletrack
    Participant

I’m in! We can find something, I think that’s a great idea! :)

jonmandude
    Participant

Well, last night was nice. The weather was perfect and a lot of nice cars, 76 to be exact. Thanks goes out to Lake Wisconsin Cruisers for bringing so many nice cars out.

Next week is Blue Chip Street Rods. I hope this weather continues to be nice. The leaves haven’t reallt started turning yet so I think we should still have a few more weeks.

jonmandude
    Participant

Well, It looks like the show season is definitely coming to an end. I think this past week will have been the last good weather day we will see. I will continue doing the Lube cruise-in thru October as long as the weather is at least tolerable (read not raining) with a final night of something different on October 25th.

October 25th I am going to do an anti-car show car show. I am calling it a POS night…and a costume night for Halloween. Wear a costume and bring your winter beater, rust bucket, daily driven, don’t care if it gets a door ding, pile of stuff. All vehicles must be drivable, no trailered or towed in vehicles. I will be re-working one of my best of show plaques for this night. Let’s make the end of the season a party and have some laughs since most of us won’t see each other again until next spring.

I hope to see you all. And if I don’t let me say thank you all for an exceptionally fun summer.

GTO Man

Jon, is the garage area heated?

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.