Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    My thanks, also, to Garibaldi and GTO Man! thumbsup.gif

I have been excited about this one for several months, now. I am taking that first Thursday off from work to spruce up the car and get it ready to cruise out to Middleton! This will hopefully turn out to be an excellent weekend as Spring Jefferson will that following Saturday and Sunday. Anyone seen the long term weather forecast yet? We are certainly deserving of some good weather, for a change.

MMRJR

So, how’s gettin’ that car cleaned up for tonight treating you today? icon_cheesygrin.gif

There’s always next week

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, it looks like tonight will be a bust for sure. Even though it isn’t currently raining, the roads are wet and damp and more rain is expected tonight (70% chance).

It’s all just as well for me. I did not receive repair parts from Virginia Classic Mustang parts, and even if I had, I don’t know that there would be time to get the car buttoned-up and ready to roll again.

On a positive note, I was in the Milwaukee area yesterday and stopped in Concord on the way back to Madison and located the “Concord House” which is the site for the upcoming Boondocker’s Street Rod Club IceBreaker show. It is just a stone’s throw off of I-94 and easy to find.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    No cruise tonight? Dang!
    crybaby2.gif
    For the next few Thursday’s I’ll be tied up with my son’s soccer practice and may miss the cruise nights. But I’ll be there in spirit.

Yes unfortunately the weather was not in our favor this week. That means next week we’ll have to make it twice as great!

Quote:
    Yep, it looks like tonight will be a bust for sure. Even though it isn’t currently raining, the roads are wet and damp and more rain is expected tonight (70% chance).

It’s all just as well for me. I did not receive repair parts from Virginia Classic Mustang parts, and even if I had, I don’t know that there would be time to get the car buttoned-up and ready to roll again.

On a positive note, I was in the Milwaukee area yesterday and stopped in Concord on the way back to Madison and located the “Concord House” which is the site for the upcoming Boondocker’s Street Rod Club IceBreaker show. It is just a stone’s throw off of I-94 and easy to find.

How far is the Boondockers show from Madison?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a good one hour drive from Madison. But, its all interstate and I like to stop in Lake Mills (about 15 minutes away from Concord) and grab coffee. And, it will be a Saturday morning drive out, so traffic between Madison and Concord will not be a concern.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I heard that they have some pretty nice prizes too, like a small block chevy engine

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are they only letting certain year cars in?
    We have a 66 GTO, a 88 VW, and a very special 05 GTO.

We may try it, but for us the east side and Lodi is closer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, who is going to QS&L tonight?

Amigo2k

I’ll be there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, it’s 6:25 and I’m at home. No one in the family wants to head out to QS&L. Guess it’ll have to be a future week.
    I hope everyone had a great night.

Amigo2k

I’m sure there will be more reports tonight…. There were about 45 cars that showed up including a twin turbo viper powered Dodge Ram. A very interesting truck.

circletrack
    Participant

It’s hard for me to get there on a weekly basis also, it would be at least 6:30 before I’m able to make it. Hope all went well, the weather was perfect! sunny.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I made a topic specifically for this cruise night here. It was a great turnout and a lot of fun. I can’t wait for next week! icon_punk.gif

Quote:
    Are they only letting certain year cars in?
    We have a 66 GTO, a 88 VW, and a very special 05 GTO.

No, they’re open to quite a wide range of years. I’ll get the pictures up soon so you can see specifically but they had classics, new mustangs, vws, etc.

Quote:
    Well, it’s 6:25 and I’m at home. No one in the family wants to head out to QS&L. Guess it’ll have to be a future week.
    I hope everyone had a great night.

Hope to see you at a future night, I’m interested to see your DeSoto!

Amigo2k

looken good for tomorrow ….

Sun_tnb.png

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Agreed, can’t wait! Anyone else planning on going?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am gonna try and make it tonight. I need to get my daughter home from a high school soccer game in Verona first. I am hoping to get there by 6:15 or so. Hope to see you there……..

MMRJR

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.